Partner Development Representative at Xero
At Xero, we're here to make running a business beautiful. By making small businesses more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we're not only helping small business, we'll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you'll make an impact
Your role as a Partner Development Representative ("PDR") is responsible for recruiting and educating new partners in the accounting, bookkeeping and tax channels.
You will work closely with your Senior Account Manager to build pipelines, drive attendance to Xero partner events and online webinars, and schedule meetings and product demos.
The primary activities will be to gain an understanding of the partner's accounting/bookkeeping/tax practice and how Xero can assist them. All information is captured within Salesforce. You will actively promote the benefits of the Xero partner program and guide prospects to Xero events hosted by their future Senior Account Manager. Once you have successfully on-boarded a new partner, you will introduce them to their Account Manager.
- Building a sales pipeline that's positioned for growth at Xero through active cold-calling
- Effectively qualifying inbound leads from new partner applications, Xero events and webinars and successfully researching business online to assess validity
- Driving attendance to Xero events in your community
- Properly educating partners on Xero's platform and product suite via phone, encouraging them to take next steps and begin their Xero journey
- Scheduling meetings for your community's Senior Account Manager and Partner Consultant
- Prospect and cold calling on prospective partners
- Articulate the Xero value proposition in an industry context
- Respond to all inquiries via phone and email from potential Xero partners (accounting, bookkeeping, & tax practices)
- Qualify partner leads by following the Xero sales process
- Record all activity in Salesforce
- Work closely with the Senior Account Manager to build prospect lists and schedule partner meetings
- Promote, recruit and onboard new partners into the partner program
- Advise and promote Xero certification and on-boarding 1+ clients
- Drive attendance to Xero led events and ensure rapid follow up
- Ensure Xero product knowledge is up to date at all times
- Foster and build genuine relationships of trust and loyalty between partners and Xero
- Effectively cope with change and ambiguity
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Customer focused- Ability to build rapport quickly and a make lasting first impression with a customer-focused attitude and consultative selling approach
- Drive for results- Comfortable cold-calling on prospective partners and building a pipeline that's positioned for growth
- Understand our partners- Passion and desire to make a difference to the lives of accountants and their clients
- Resilience & adaptability - Ability to successfully navigate a fast paced, high-growth environment
- 1-2 year's experience making outbound calls (ie- sales, recruiting, logistics)
- Experience generating leads and building prospect lists
- Proven experience working with SMBs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to clearly communicate with accounting partners
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced & changing environment
It's time to introduce yourself
Now that we've caught your attention, it's time to catch ours. Please send us your resume and a link to your portfolio if you:
Love fostering #beautiful relationships by articulating the how Xero makes lives easier.
Show your passion for the #human side of business through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people you serve.
Seek the #challenge of complex problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion sales thinking by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable quality from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.