Partner Development Manager
Overview: Reporting directly to the US Channel Sales leader, the Partner Development Manager will be responsible for expanding the Alteryx partner ecosystem in the areas of data science, advanced analytics, and industry analytic applications. The person in this role will represent Alteryx within these “white space” ecosystems, positioning the value of our technology and marketplace position to these potential partners. The Partner Development Manager will work closely with Alteryx Product Management and sales leadership to identify and prioritize high-impact recruitment target areas, develop an associated business plan and execute the recruitment campaigns.
* Drive the creation of Alteryx’s strategy for an ecosystem of partners focused on data science, advanced analytics and industry analytic applications
* Develop the targeting and recruiting profile for the ideal candidate partners
* Establish and cultivate relationships with target partners, ultimately recruiting them into the Alteryx Partner Program
* If needed, establish additional elements within the Alteryx Partner Program that will be relevant to these new partners, including new licensing and business models
* Drive the creation of new technical enablement paths for those partners focused on data science and business analytics
* On-board and enable new partners, helping them realize value from the Alteryx platform and build it into their existing practice areas
* Provide on-going education to Alteryx field sales and marketing teams about the value of working with these new groups of partners
* Run demand creation activities with these new groups of partners
* Support sales activities with these partners and Alteryx end-user sales teams
* Identify incremental sales and services opportunities for these partners
* Plan and execute annual business plan with top partners
* Help partners develop deep technical competency on Alteryx platform, specifically in the areas of analytics and data science
* Establish Alteryx as a premier “top of mind” analytics partner, demonstrated by a measurable and growing joint pipeline with the focus partners, joint marketing, technical certifications, and other activities
* Act as an internal subject matter expert within the sales organization on the topics of data science and advanced analytics
* Understanding of data science and advanced analytics
* 7-10 years’ experience in the following areas: Alliances, Business Development, Channel and/or Direct Sales
* Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop partners who are capable, committed and who can scale with Alteryx’s business
* Strategic thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives.
* Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies including senior level executives, legal, finance, support, sales, and marketing experts.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Ability to create thoughtful and compelling business cases highlighting revenue growth opportunities.
* Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively present to all levels of management
* Ability to influence functional groups to a shared vision.
* Strong enterprise sales back ground
* High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business
* Excellent planning and time management skills
* Bachelor's degree or other significant business experience; MBA from top school preferred.