PaaS Engineer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Platform as a Service (PaaS) Engineering Team is a dedicated collective of FIS Engineers/Architects/SME's from all corners of FIS technology columns from Compute, Storage, Network, Data Protection, Capacity Management, etc. Our mission: use automation to eliminate a hands-on approach to building IT systems. In this manner efficiencies are created, errors eliminated, and reduction in time to market by creating predictable repeatable results. Elimination of these factors produces time/dollar cost savings for FIS, improved customer relationships, and experiences. The PaaS team is responsible for the development and ongoing management of engineering patterns and product standardization within the FIS Private Cloud environment. The group is integrated deeply with our global operations organization, providing feedback and recommendations for enhancements and new. We currently support OpenShift 3.11 and are on track for also supporting OpenShift 4.x as those production environments become available.
What you will be doing:
- Manages Engineering environment, inclusive of OpenShift, distributed computing, infrastructure components, and automation development support.
- Partner with Automation Development teams to deploy standard OS and Application packages.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
- Defines and maintains a library of Engineering Patterns within and across FIS product lines.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates Engineering patterns, based on defined system architecture, to technical and business audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Expert knowledge in container technologies (OpenShift Version 4x)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training (OpenShift Certification), or work experience.
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (OCP, ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
Added bonus if you have:
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.