Spekit is a just-in-time, in-app learning and knowledge solution that helps teams learn applications, adopt new process changes and find any knowledge instantly, at their fingertips. Think of Spekit as your employee’s digital companion, enabling them everywhere they work.
With its one-click integration to Salesforce, Spekit allows you to create your training from your existing business processes, document new fields and automatically displays the training contextually, when and where your users need it to enhance the user experience and accelerate onboarding.
Today thousands of employees from scaling startups to Fortune 400 organizations leverage Spekit to onboard new hires, facilitate change management and drive adoption of their Salesforce CRM and other internal applications.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated and talented Outbound Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing team. Your primary responsibility is to collaborate in development and execution of an outbound strategy to turn leads & prospects into qualified opportunities. This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the Account Executives to generate new opportunities.
This is an opportunity to get in the door early at a fast-growing startup, work directly with our founding team, grow your career and have a real, measurable impact.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop opportunities for the sales team from prospecting and marketing generated leads
- Interact with prospects via telephone, email and social sites with a high attention to detail
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan, including email and call scripts
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Salesforce.com and Outreach
- Master discovery call by quickly learning the value of product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Disseminate opportunities to AE, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
What We’re Looking For in You:
- You have a client first mentality and are passionate about helping companies maximize the ROI on their tools and new hires
- Strong worth ethic and team first mentality
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option
- You’re excited to be an early hire for a growing Sales Team with the unique opportunity to help shape the strategy for all future BDRs
- 1-2 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales and/or sales
- Experience in a SaaS or software environment using Salesforce.com and Outreach/Salesloft
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Ability to work both autonomously within a team environment
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented. A drive to execute flawlessly
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient
- Must live and breathe startups with broad responsibilities in a busy, dynamic environment, with lots of responsibility and lots of fun
Things we value, culture-wise
- Team Player. We believe that customer experience starts with your employee experience and as such, we believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team.
- Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
- Positive & Purposeful: We’re a collaborative team of innovators and are always looking to think 3 steps ahead of our competition. We think at scale, imagine what’s possible and then work our way backwards with an MVP approach to everything we do.
- Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
- Open-Minded. We are a diverse group of lifelong learners. We approach our work with curiosity and constantly look for ways to improve our products and ourselves, never settling for good enough.
- Work Smart and Be Present: As a startup, it can feel like you’re racing against the clock at all times – where “more” is the only path forward. We believe that you do your best at work when practicing mindfulness, getting the right amount of sleep and prioritizing the things that truly matter in life.
- Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we know that diverse and inclusive companies drive results! We're proud to have two female co-founders and are committed to building a company that celebrates and champions diversity, both within our organization and the broader tech community at large. We're a fun and fast-growing team committed to learning together and passionate about helping our customers and our communities, and it doesn't hurt that we offer competitive compensation in addition to equity in the company.
If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!