We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a business development manager focused on national accounts you will be responsible for building and managing our distribution partner network that has a national presence. The role is accountable for the identification and development of new partnerships while managing and strengthening existing relationships. This is an exciting opportunity to come into a commercial insurance provider that is disrupting insurance for small business.
How You’ll Do It
A majority of Pie’s future premium is expected to come from partners, with the greatest growth opportunities coming from national accounts. National accounts include partners such as payroll companies, national wholesale and retail agencies, digital agencies, or national program opportunities. Managing these partners mandates a strength in strategic planning to maximize the growth and relationship between the partner and Pie. As an extension of Pie, these distribution partners must operate with a customer first mentality and share Pie’s goal for disciplined profitable underwriting. This is a senior professional role requiring six (6)+ years of total working experience. We expect you’ll have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in workers' compensation or other commercial insurance lines, in addition to 1-year experience working for a carrier, wholesaler or MGA in a Partner Management capacity. You will have spent enough time in the commercial insurance partner network to make an immediate impact day one.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with the Pie policyholder services, underwriting, marketing and development teams to develop, manage, and drive distribution partner premium generation.
- Forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.· Represent Pie in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Prospect, on-board, and train new distribution partners and agents.
- Use Saleforce.com to track all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
- Assist in the constant improvement of business development, partner management, and onboarding processes.
- Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the Pie values.
The Right Stuff
- Six (6) + years’ experience in a sales role with at least 2 years in Workers Compensation.
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners
- Experience successfully developing and managing national accounts, whether payroll partners; national digital, wholesale or retail agencies; or other strategic partners that have the opportunity to provide a national presence.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners.· Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent the Company professionally, both internally and externally.
• Competitive Salary
• A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
• Comprehensive health plans
• Generous PTO
• 7 days of paid sick leave
• Commute Allowance
• 401k Match
• Modern office space with onsite gym
• Monthly Happy Hours
• Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding