We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Sales Engineers help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs). SEs also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners. Additionally, you will work with various teams to resolve customer concerns, escalate bug issues, and serve as an ambassador for our brand. If you want to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, we’d love to meet you!
- Partner with the sales team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Continually learn new technology to build competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Deliver product and technical presentations with potential clients
- Have a direct line of communication with the product team to collaborate on feature requests
- Help clients onboard the product and assist when they run into roadblocks.
- Think creatively about a wide variety of technical challenges during the presales life cycle
- Knowledgeable and experienced with DevOps monitoring or architecture tools.
- Comfortable and confident in delivering technical presentations/demos to either external customers or internal teams
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Previously experienced in systems administrations: Windows or Linux
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites
- Able to travel via auto, train or air up to 50% of the time
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Previous experience in a presales environment delivering technical and value based presentations and demos
- Previous experience in one of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, or .NET
- Customer support or customer facing experience in any industry
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Mid-Market Sales Engineer has an annual starting salary of $105,000, plus bonus and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.