Market Development and Small Business Sales Leader
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We’re looking for a passionate, data-driven leader to develop and manage our Small Business and Market Development programs . You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and leading a ~40 person (and growing) sales and success organization. Your leadership will directly help Gusto drive revenue against our annual goals and continue to help enhance our ability to scale our offering to small businesses everywhere. Your entrepreneurship will be a valuable contribution to developing Gusto’s growth strategy, increasing the size and impact of the team and establishing a culture of crisp execution. This role reports directly to our Head of Sales.
- Be a key driving force in continuing Gusto’s sales team growth, especially in our small business and market development teams.
- Create the vision for industry-leading growth in this segment and help our Sales Managers execute in tandem with their teams
- Build predictable and repeatable sales funnel processes and best practices across multiple teams, including sales development, professional services, and sales enablement/training
- Partner with cross functional efforts across Sales Ops, Finance, Product, Marketing, and Risk to remove obstacles and close deals
- Help us solidify and scale the new go-to-market processes, such as outbound selling, account and introducing more trigger-based x-sell and upsell, with marketing and the rest of Sales Leadership
- 8+ years of inside sales success, preferably in a high growth company
- 3+ years of leadership experience, with experience leading a team of sales managers
- BA/BS Degree
- (Preferred) Experience in high transaction volume SaaS application or financial services sales
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams and departments in a rapidly growing environment
- Proven ability to communicate and manage relationships with senior executives
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Extensive experience in a metrics-driven sales organization