Manager, (West) Enterprise Sales Engineers at Fivetran (Remote)
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We are looking for a proven leader to join our Sales Engineering team to oversee the East Enterprise Sales Engineering team at Fivetran. As a Manager of Sales Engineering at Fivetran, you will manage a team of approximately 5-7 Sales Engineers. This team specializes in achieving the “technical win” in interacting with technical and business stakeholders across a multitude of verticals. In this strategic role, you will adopt and optimize the Fivetran playbook to maximize revenue growth while partnering closely with Fivetran Account Executives, Account Management, Marketing, and Partner Alliances- therefore interpersonal engagement and orchestration is essential. In addition, you will develop deep relationships with our technology and implementation partners to accelerate market share capture and joint success.
The ideal candidate will be a high impact individual capable of driving outstanding business results & continual employee development. This leader is fully responsible for managing the team to generate exceptional results among your direct reports, accelerate the progression of business through the sales journey, and drive the technical win. This position will report to the Director Enterprise Sales Engineers, North America.
As an Enterprise Sales Engineering Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Implement and optimize strategies to maximize revenue growth
- Ensure that direct reports are providing timely and accurate technical assistance in the sales process
- Coach your team members to maximize performance and prepare them for future roles
- Help your team win technically within key accounts
- Meet all defined goals and metrics
- Communicate and present complex solutions to C-level executives
- Provide market feedback to management team to optimize sales strategy and positioning
- Be an escalation point for key deals in the pre-sales process
- Work with engineering teams to prioritize technical issues
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in Sales Engineering as a Manager or Senior/Lead Sales Engineer for a SaaS platform
- Best in class communication skills
- Superior technical skills
- Extensive experience in Databases, Cloud Warehouses, and APIs
- Proven ability to lead a team of technically-minded direct reports
- A coach-first mentality
Personal Attributes that we are looking for:
- Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners, earns and maintains trust, does what is RIGHT
- Analytical skills: Able to create and leverage data insights to draw insightful conclusions
- Positive Attitude & Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way
- Ability to hire and develop ‘A’ players: Source, select, and sell top performers to join
- Ability to coach and develop team members: Coach team members in their current roles while also preparing them for career advancement
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Detail-oriented and technical: Aptitude for understanding and teaching our technology
- Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance under pressure or stress
- Creative/innovative: Generate new and innovative approaches to problems
- Listening skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their view points
- Openness to criticism/ideas: often solicits feedback and reacts calmly
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.