Manager, Strategic Accounts
Partner Manager, Strategic Accounts
Boulder, New York City, San Francisco
We are looking for a Partner Manager to support and help expand the value and impact of strategic partnerships with our Global Network Partners. In collaboration with our Community and Accelerator divisions, you will work closely with senior leadership and corporate executives to understand their objectives and needs of partnering with Techstars. You will explore opportunities to facilitate authentic connections for the partner to the Techstars network, design partner plans, ensure execution across Techstars teams and report back outcomes to the partner to continue evolving our partnership together. You will also manage the Techstars Perks program, a suite of discounts and tools provided by partners to help Techstars companies succeed and scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and cultivate relationships with corporate partners (as the account transitions from the sales team).
- Establish mutual goals between the Corporate Partner and Techstars to ensure alignment.
- Manage a regular cadence of communication with partner liaisons to ensure open and active communication.
- Support high value engagement between Corporate Partners and entrepreneurs in the Techstars network.
- Manage Techstars Perks program including setting up new partners, program reporting, and managing annual renewals.
- Resolve issues and challenges impeding Techstars or corporate success.
- Share best practices and stories from partner engagements to support operations and sales.
- Support the growth and sales teams by reporting on current relationships (to help with renewals) and joining sales calls to explain delivery to new potential partners.
- Work strategically as part of the Business Development team to grow the value of each partnership. It is not just tactical delivery of a product, but working to find and create strategic opportunities for growth and expansion with each corporate partner.
- Work with the Accelerator teams to ensure partners are bringing value to the programs and founders.
- Responsible for maintaining organized account records, including account profiles and maintaining those in the company CRM, Salesforce.com.
- 2-3 years of experience working with corporate accounts and engaging with senior leadership
- Startup DNA; You are a do-er and a creator, not just a thinker. You are a driven, relationship-focused, people person
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills; professional demeanor, and ability to navigate across Techstars and the partner organization in a trusted advisor/consultative approach
- Passion and commitment for partner/entrepreneur success; the idea of working cross-functionally across Techstars and with other companies to come up with innovative solutions and ideas excites you
- You are familiar with both the corporate and startup world and are able to act as a “translator” between the two
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- A Bachelor's degree (or commensurate experience)
- Thrives (demonstrated) working in a distributed/independent environment
- Enjoy traveling locally, nationally, and internationally (20% travel is expected)
- Good sense of humor, ability to adapt to change, no job too small attitude
Community Team Support (Startup Week):
- Support the community team in the delivery of startup week sponsorships
- Work as the liaison for Techstars between community leaders and sponsors to ensure successful delivery of the sponsorship
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,400 companies with a market cap of $13.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.