Manager of Solution Engineering - Integrated Risk at Workiva
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. This incredible culture has earned us a spot on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for list!
The Manager of Solution Engineering – Integrated Risk will use their coaching, mentoring and domain expertise. The focus will be on driving solution discovery and alignment of our customers business needs to Workiva’s platform, services, and solutions focused on SOX, Audit, and Risk. The ideal candidate will have a leadership background along with strong domain knowledge of Integrated Risk delivering solutions.
The Manager of Solution Engineering is responsible for the day to day management of Solutions Engineers (SEs) as well as performing presales activities in the field as needed to deliver against revenue targets. In addition to contributing individually, this person guides their team on best practices, improves their sales and technical skills, and assists them with overcoming challenges in the field.
People Management: Builds a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance.
- Maintains an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision.
- Matches staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance.
- Rewards superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintain relationships and effectively communicate with customers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders.
- Manages operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Lead a team of Solution Engineers to support the Workiva sales groups to meet their solution needs.
- Develop Solution Engineers according to Workiva's short and long term growth strategy as well as according to the individual's professional goals.
- Develop and maintain a recruiting pipeline of potential SE candidates to meet future business demands.
- Work with their team members to drive Workiva and its customers' success.
Sales Management and Operations: Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
- Prioritizes and drives sales strategies across multiple teams and phases to ensure that customer solutions are aligned with business objectives.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the team through staff development, planning and forecasting, and budgetary obligations.
- Implements and manages multiple channel selling strategies and recommends improvements based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Functions as part of a sales team to drive customer engagement, conduct discovery, showcase Workiva’s technology, and align to customer goals.
- Serves as an active individual contributor to meet team and company objectives.
- Work with various sales groups to understand the technical and solution needs and develop plans to ensure outstanding support of those needs.
- Work with sales directors to understand the needs and develop plans to prioritize Solution Engineering efforts.
- Ensure effective alignment of resources and skill sets within the assigned sales territory.
- Manage resource scheduling, priorities, expense approval, activity reporting etc. day-to-day activities.
- Consistently leverages sales approaches and methodologies prioritized by Workiva Leadership.
- Serves as a leader across organizations for employees to go to for guidance and insight on specific applications and domain areas.
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary.
- Awareness of the market dynamics and products in rapidly changing and highly competitive enterprise software and cloud computing industry.
- Ability to discuss technical items, industry standard, and best practices for SaaS applications, particularly around architecture, databases, application integration, and security.
- Understanding of Workiva solutions and how it can be applied to multiple domains.
- Develop working knowledge of industries and use cases where Wdesk can have an impact.
- Ability to identify and resolve development, marketing, or sales obstacles through strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to understand, empathize, and propose solutions to customers' business challenges.
- Ability to mentor the team members on doing the same.
- Ability to speak to multiple customer facing audiences from individual contributor to executive management with confidence and a tailored message.
- Advanced problem solving skills to adapt the regularly changing technology and business environments in which we operate.
- 5-7 Years of Solution Engineering experience.
- 1-3 years of team management experience, pre-sales management preferred.
- 3-5 years of client facing audit, associate, or consultant experience in public accounting or regulatory departments.
- Hands-on experience with Workiva solutions and customer implementations preferred.
- Experience with SaaS solutions, cloud technologies, and web security.
- Experience with enterprise applications such as SAP, NetSuites, Oracle, IBM and cloud applications such as Host Analytics, Anaplan, Salesforce, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with various SDLC and architecture patterns (Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices).
- Experience in building, leading, and mentoring a high performing team.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- 50% - 75% is required to meet with employees, vendors and/or suppliers
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $133,000 - $177,000
An incentive typically paid quarterly
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].