Manager, Sales Engineering - North East at Alteryx
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
The Manager, Sales Engineering is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation of the sales process. The leader will help to define and drive growth strategies across the organization and is responsible for recruitment, management, training, and development of a Sales Engineering Team. The Manager coordinates resource allocation and resolves resource conflicts. The Manager collects and organizes feedback about sales opportunities, product features, competition, processes and methodologies. This position has responsibility for keeping the Sales Engineering team trained and motivated to perform and meet its goals.
- Build and coach a high-performing pre-sales team. You will always act as a recruiter to match our company growth.
- Act as a player-coach, works hands on with the team and demonstrate the value of Alteryx to customers and prospects. This includes traveling as necessary to support your team in sales efforts.
- Lead performance management initiatives and act as a mentor to develop your direct reports
- Collaborate with sales, management, customer and support staff for maximum effectiveness
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Drive customer success, sales methodology and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement.
- 3+ years management in software solutions consulting, including both transactional sales and strategic selling.
- Proficiency in SQL, Alteryx, Python, or similar product or language
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer within the BI, analytics or data science space.
- Ability to balance a high-volume transactional business and a traditional sales model.
- Understanding of a value based, solution selling approach.
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics preferred.
- Experience managing remote/field employees
- Ability to travel up to 50% or as required
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.