Manager, Sales Enablement at Nylas
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, Yahoo! and more.
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $55M to date from 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, Citi Ventures, Round 13, ScaleUP, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, and SV Angel. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Ceridian, Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Qualia.
We think it’s really important to have a fun, inclusive, and aspirational workplace, so we collaboratively wrote about our values, benefits, perks, and published them in our open-source handbook: https://github.com/nylas/handbook
- 2019 Great Place to Work
- 2019 Happiest Employees
- 2019 Best Leadership Team
- 2019 Best CEOs for Diversity
- 2019 Best Perks and Benefits
- 2019 Best Work-Life Balance
About This Role:
We’re looking for a trailblazer to be the Sales Enablement Manager at Nylas, liaising with our growing 50+ person sales team. In this role, you will lead the end-to-end management of all sales enablement activities, including crafting, communicating, and reporting on all marketing <> sales updates around new features, packaging & pricing, positioning, personas, and process.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this individual will work closely with product, marketing, and sales leadership to improve sales reps’ time to productivity. They will craft compelling enablement sessions that bolster existing reps’ ability to sell Nylas products and move up-market. The ideal candidate is an excellent and creative communicator, highly organized, and is equally relationships and data driven. They are excited at the prospect of working with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Drive success and adoption of enablement training up and down the sales organization. Lead the creation and deployment of appropriate training, content/sales messaging, processes, practices, forms, and tools to support the sales team.
- Support product launches by preparing and enabling the sales force to understand and sell our solutions.
- Own all aspects of foundational and continuous learning programs for sales, including but not limited to training content creation, scheduling and coordination, creation and deployment or delivery of on-demand courseware, and instructor-led sales training.
- Co-own time-to-productivity as a joint KPI with sales management. Develop and maintain unique training programs for BDRs, AEs and Enterprise reps respectively to ensure maximum productivity.
- Conceptualize, plan, and craft compelling sales enablement collateral including videos, tutorials, PDFs, one pager, interactive pricing spreadsheets, and more.
- Partner with product marketing and product to outline a Sales Enablement calendar with regular sessions for each sales team, including: BDRs, AEs, and Enterprise sales reps.
- Work with sales engineering and sales leadership to identify knowledge gaps and implement solutions to fill those needs.
- Track and analyze courseware and sales enablement content usage. Report on sales engagement to the leadership team to drive engagement and set deadlines for course completion.
- Run speaker coordination and logistics for sales training.
- Develop internal technical certifications for sales teams as “badges”.
- 5+ years experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a sales enablement role in B2B SaaS..
- Proven track record of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Incredibly organized and a creative thinker.
- Exceptional EQ, communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships up, down, and across the organization.
- Working knowledge of APIs or an equally technical product.
- Exceedingly collaborative but resourceful - comfortable leading efforts while coordinating with other members, while maintaining an “owner” mentality and driving projects to completion.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver with the ability to identify problems and solve them independently.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, and ability to deliver high-quality results in a rapidly-evolving environment.
Experience working with at least one other sales enablement platform, plus a working knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce reporting is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay with performance bonuses and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation with two weeks of mandated contiguous time-off every year
- Flexible work hours with remote options
- 90% premium coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family
- 12 weeks caregiver leave (maternity & paternity programs)
- Catered lunch every day and unlimited snacks
- 401k program
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership
- $100 monthly wellness credit
- Relocation assistance
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, and coding academy graduates.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.