Manager, Sales Development
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
This role sits in our Denver office and reports to Area Vice President, Global Sales Dev & Ops.
What will you do?
- Manage Sales Development organization to goals, objectives and quota achievement
- Manage a diverse mix of territory-based sales development positions with diverse responsibilities of inbound prospecting, outbound tele-prospecting and upsell/cross sell sales transaction support
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach SDRs (note: successful SDRs are promoted to sales positions within one to two years, making hiring and training a particularly important function)
- Manage outside tele-prospecting agencies for lead generation
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes and metrics
Manage territory assignment
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and Marketo systems
- Compile weekly/monthly team reports, modify as needed
- Proactively work to improve the cadence and throughput of the assigned sales development resources as we grow Marketo's marketplace presence and success story
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development
- Work with Marketing and Field Sales to ensure efficient prospect/customer information exchange and hand-off
- Conduct weekly forecasts
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success
Is this you?
- 2+ years of management experience in Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales management, preferably in high technology-based products and/or services
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth environment
- Proven track record at establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated Sales Development environment
- Experience with start-up environments and highly-transactional enterprise sales models such as Marketo's
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound teleprospecting methodologies in high technology based products and/or services
- Ability to train, coach and mentor sales development reps and interns
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and services
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work on-site at our offices in Denver, CO
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer