About the Role:
Picture your dream company, or the one you have loved working for the most and imagine the opportunity of coming in on the ground floor of such a company and growing it into a world renowned, recognizable brand!
To continue doing great work, we need an energetic people leader that wants to join a burgeoning team, in a fast growing business and is passionate about helping to coach and develop hungry reps that are already doing well.
This role will give you the opportunity to hire and shape a fantastic growing team in our Emerging space (focusing on companies 1-200 employees in size) To be successful, you should pride yourself as a people leader first, but have a strong process-oriented style as well as a positive attitude which you use to influence those around you.
For this role, we offer relocation assistance for people joining us from a different state.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of Account Executives focused on new business sales
- Demonstrate your passion for coaching and developing employees through personal and professional mentorship
- Communicate job expectations with team members by planning, monitoring, and appraising individual sales results
- Accurately forecast new sales pipelines along with add-on bookings
- Help refine processes for the Emerging Sales team from onboarding forward
- Focus on innovation of current best practices to serve the needs of the team and business as it grows
- Work cross-functionally with Sales/Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing and Content to drive the business forward
- Collaborate with sales operations to identify technology, strategies, and processes to better achieve revenue goals
- Lead a sales-driven culture in a high energy, fun, fast-paced environment
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 1-2 years of sales management experience
- Experience with SaaS/subscription based sales model
- A high energy and optimistic team-player with strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven track record of quota attainment both as an individual contributor and Manager
- A love for hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining highly valued sales reps
- Exceptional skills in prospecting, discovery, presentation, buying behaviors, and overcoming objections
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other sales tools
Compensation: Ranges from $170,000 - $190,000 (uncapped OTE with Accelerators) + Equity + Benefits (See below)
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description