Manager, Customer Success (US - REMOTE) at Conga
A successful candidate will embody the essence of a Conganeer through demonstration of critical behaviors of The Conga Way:
- Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Achieving Together
- Championing the Customers
The Conga Way is a core element of the Culture and Talent focus at Conga. This philosophy shapes the personality of our organization, defines how we show up every day, and provides clarity about how we work together.
The Manager of Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for the Conga Customer Excellence organization. This role helps drive the strategy and execution for our customer success team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity and growth of our Customers, across Conga’s South & Central US Managed customer base. The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSM’s).
A significant part of your role will be to serve as a customer advocate, often functioning as a liaison between our customers and all internal Conga teams (e.g. Sales, Professional Services, Technical Support, Product Development, etc). You will ensure that needs and/or requirements considered critical to the success of these customers are communicated and managed throughout the Conga organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Hire, train, coach, and develop a team of customer success managers
- Build a team that wins, has fun, and lives the Conga values
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Monitor and identify adoption, maturity, and growth trends for the team and customers to inform customer and business strategy
- Manage the team to conduct customer business reviews, success planning and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Conga
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion, and renewals
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the Conga Customer Success team
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and KPIs
- Serve as escalation point for customer issues ensuring issues are resolved quickly by leveraging resources across the company
- Develop a career path for CSMs and provide opportunities for advancement where appropriate
- Ensure accurate renewal forecasting and handoff to renewal management team
- Embody Conga values and provide exemplary leadership
- 8+ years of Enterprise customer success experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Strong track record of building a positive team culture
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, sale and marketing experts
- Excellent organization, change management, and communication skills
- Willingness to 'roll up one's sleeves' and assist wherever needed
- A ‘solutions, not problems’ mindset
- Ability to work independently and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Team player who will innovate to continue improving the way Conga serves its customer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following business areas is preferred:
- Quote to Cash Processes
- Contract Management
- Previous experience with Gainsight or other Customer Success platform preferred
Conga is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Conga is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.