Manager, Business Development at Freshworks
*Must be based in the Denver Metropolitan Area for consideration*
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks’ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provides customer experience and service management solutions that are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Freshworks counts 3000+ team members, 40,000+ customers, and has raised $327 million in capital from brand investors including Accel, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital with a recent valuation of more than $3.5 billion.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades for its growth and innovation including ranking #16 in the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, the Economic Times Startup of the Year, and listings on Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, CRM Lead Management, Sales Force Automation & IT Service Management. Freshworks was ranked as a top 25 company to work for during the COVID-19 pandemic by Battery Ventures/Glassdoor.
Freshworks is committed to diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and respect each other's differences. We recognize that our collective uniqueness is integral to the success of our products, our culture and our organization.
We are currently seeking an energetic Business Development Manager. This position is an integral part of our sales machine. Business Development Reps (BDRs) are a specialized group of individuals always “hunting” for high-value opportunities. BDRs are focused on the front end of the sales cycle. They must be highly motivated, a self-starter, able to identify and develop opportunities from multiple sources including prospect lists, discovery and individual research.
- Become the subject matter expert for all Business Development processes, best practices and metrics
- Mentor, coach and train current and incoming Business Development Representatives in order for the sales team to meet or exceed their quota
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up qualification in order to move opportunities into the sales funnel
- Perform thorough needs assessment and identify prospects pain points using the MEDDPIC qualification
- Conduct personalized outbound telemarketing, emailing and social channel activities against targeted accounts, prospect lists, and other campaigns
- Build and increase industry knowledge on select industries and Freshworks products
- Maintain accurate records of all activities in the CRM
- Promote database cleanup and hygiene through regular and ongoing maintenance activities
- Conduct research to expand prospect list using available resources
- 5+ years in a team lead / managerial role in a business development / sales development department, preferably within a SaaS organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, and active listening)
- Drive, conscientiousness and perseverance to conduct outbound contacts daily
- Team player