Manager, Business Development at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Manager, Business Development to support the growing Sales team in aid in driving net new business for Guild with strategic employer partners.
In particular, we are looking for a team leader who can think strategically to connect research findings to Guild’s solutions and manage a team to deliver a succinct message to the right prospective buyer. In this role, you’ll be focused on building and managing a team focused on deep company research, subsequent creative and strategic approach to secure meetings with senior level decision makers at Fortune 500 employers, setting up and analyzing test-and-learn frameworks and delivering on pipeline goals.
Note this job is eligible to be based in any one of the following 25 approved states for Guild hiring: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, CT, VA, WA, and WI.
As the Manager, Business Development you will:
- Oversee and grow a team of Sales Strategy Associates focused on outbound prospecting as well as deep target customer research
- Create repeatable framework to research our target prospective clients (enterprise Fortune 500 companies)
- Continuously optimize the most effective outreach strategy and appropriate messaging
- Refine process for meeting preparation including persona research, competitive intelligence, sales deck development and follow up
- Investigate different organizational hypotheses and provide suggestions for ways to optimize business growth
- Build a high performing team focused on quality pipeline development
- Partner closely with our B2B marketing team on outbound account-based marketings plays and inbound pipeline generation
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Prior experience in leading SDR (Sales Development Rep) or BDR (Business Development Rep) teams in an enterprise B2B capacity (complex solution selling a plus)
- Have 6+ years of work experience in a client-facing role and 2+ years in team management
- Have experience of hiring, training and team development
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have best practices for pipeline development and can work cross-functionally to execute
- Have a hunter mentality with the capability to grow your skills as the business expands
- Bring enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000-$130,000 as well as commission eligibility and company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth