Manager, Business Development
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
The primary responsibility of the position is to drive revenue growth by driving & owning the Lead Management Process. This people management role focuses on sales performance initiatives for the Business Development (BDR) organization, through establishing and refining processes to create qualified sales opportunities. The BDR Manager leads a team of 7-10 individuals and reports to the VP of Sales Operations.
The BDR organization is a vital link between Marketing and Sales, and the BDR Manager must be able to plan, train & coach, mentor team members, and supervise BDR staff. This role has thorough knowledge of the organization’s products/services, and can partner with Marketing to execute campaigns, programs, and closed-loop business & sales development activities. The BDR Manager also works closely with the entire FWI Sales organization to ensure that BDR staff provide adequate support to the field. BDR Manager is a key leader in the sales organization and is responsible for market development, setting targets, relationship development between marketing, products, finance, and the BDR team, and ensuring that Opportunities & Revenue are generated.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Lead and drive the activities of BDR sales team, including hiring, coaching, developing talent, team culture and performance management in a SaaS, and Software Bookings revenue environment.
- Build and refine Lead Management and reporting processes as part of continuous improvement efforts.
- Possess a deep understanding of Salesforce.com and other key Marketing Automation technologies
- Knowledge and working understanding of the latest Sales Development (SDR) and Business Development tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Product teams to execute campaigns that ensure lead quality and quantity with proper closed-loop metric reporting.
- Regularly report on team and individual results: pipeline, conversion rates, and quarterly performance.
- Collaborate with internal sales operations stakeholders on reporting and analysis.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in sales productivity.
- Chart and Deliver timely and accurate forecasting and pipeline management.
- Collaborate with other internal organizations and coordinate internal resources as needed.
- Ensure CRM tools and FWI value-selling methodology are leveraged to process and track opportunities.
- Direct team with corporate goals and use SMART goals to deliver results.
- Encourage innovation by exchanging new ideas to improve operation and efficiency within sales and the supporting organization.
- Has a strong Test, Learn, Iterate mentality to drive constant improvement.
Requirements for Success:
- Successfully mastered the following skills: Sales Management, aggressive cold/warm calling, prospecting, product demonstration and closing.
- At least 4 years of related experience with at least 1-2 years of management experience.
- Proven success in professional sales, preferably in enterprise solutions selling within the Financial Services industry, which includes insurance.
- Operational knowledge of various Windows based application programs and current Internet technologies.
- Management of pipelines, territories, forecasting and processes.
Helpful for Success:
- Experience with coaching and mentoring.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status