Managed Services Technical Architect at FIS
Position Type :
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Capital Markets Managed Services group is responsible for designing Managed Services solutions around FIS IP leveraging private or public cloud infrastructure
What you will be doing
The Managed Services Solution Architect is expected to be capable of working independently, or as a member of a team, or leading a team in performing a technical managed services role. The role will support the MS Solutions design team by providing IT managed services and solution support new service solutions.
- Perform many assigned technical tasks including assessment studies & analysis, sizing & capacity planning, solution design, competitive analysis, technical & solution presentation, and product technical skill for supporting Demo, PoC and Benchmark activities
- Have product, technology, or industry-related specialized skills and regularly works with requirements identification, service development
- Be able to provide 3rd level support during sales cycles when engaging with the client’s technical teams
- Work in a matrix organization to deliver High quality and workable solutions to Solution Design Managers in response to varying business requirements
- Provide technical advice to other team members, including other FIS verticals, subcontractors, partners or client personnel
- Maintaining effective working relationships with the Capital Markets managed service and business development personnel
- Provide technical guidance as required
- Knowledge of managed service contractual constructs, experience in the development of contract schedules
What you bring:
Have solid experience as a Managed Services Solutions Architect in dealing with Multi-Platform and Complex IT Infrastructure solution to address the client needs.
The MS Solution Architect is expected to have analytical ability and creativity in developing and costing the IT Solution as a Managed Service and supporting the delivery of manager services solutions within Capital Markets.
- Experience (5-10 years) of building and costing MS solutions. Technology, colocation, implementation, in life services and associated transition process and SLA’s.
- Understand the Network, Storage and associated operating systems, associated private cloud and multi-tenant compute also hybrid VDC solutions.
- A detailed understanding of both AWS and Azure cloud services and how to leverage to deliver service solutions
- Understand the IT Infrastructure Solution and associated Managed Services Solution concepts including ITIL processes
- Previous experience of developing standardized managed services costing tools and presales process
- Well organized, structured and able to articulate MS service solutions, service wrap and relate it with clients’ needs both technically and commercially
- Expert knowledge of MS office productivity tools
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.