Major Account Executive
As the Major Accounts Executive, you will be responsible for all aspects of one of Tendril’s premier accounts. Responsibilities include: account strategy, account leadership internally and externally, sales and business development, customer satisfaction, program delivery and revenue attainment.
You will use your leadership skills to set and execute strategies for account growth, manage teams toward successful program delivery, and solve complex problems that arise. You will use your sales expertise to develop and implement short and long term up-sell, cross-sell, and retention strategies. You will use your client management skills to develop deep relationships across many groups within the account and maintain high customer satisfaction. You will use your collaboration skills to work successfully with various internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Account Plan & Strategy:
- With the support of management, set annual & quarterly objectives for key metrics including Customer Satisfaction, Bookings, Revenue and Relationships
- Collaborate with senior executives on account strategy and delivery
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business at the corporate, business unit and department level to create short and long-term account vision and strategy
- Understand and report on forces that change customer’s budgets or the strategic direction of the client
- Create/execute a tactical plan in support of closing new business, delivering programs, building strong customer relationships and satisfaction
- Meet/exceed your account’s annual sales target to support Tendril in reaching its goals, while being well rewarded for your efforts
- Identify, reach and influence key decision makers and all influencers and stakeholders within your accounts
- Sustain and expand relationships with director-level, vice president and C-suite stakeholders
- Set and execute against a sales plan and strategy for your accounts:
- Develop a robust and well-qualified sales pipeline
- Coordinate and direct all Tendril resources including Executives, Sales, Marketing, Product and Operations team members to achieve the sales, relationship, and customer satisfaction goals identified in the Account Plan
- Account Management:
- Be responsible for the overall performance and development of the account
- Maintain high customer satisfaction
- Provide overall account leadership. Plan and scope long-term strategic deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the team responsible for the end-to-end delivery and success of customer programs
- Deliver each project on time, to budget and with quality
- Manage team members and provides coaching, mentoring, and technical reviews
We’ll measure your success by how well you are able to:
- Achieve the sales quota and revenue objectives for the account
- Set and execute strategies and tactics for sales and account management
- Create high customer satisfaction
- Develop depth and breadth of client relationships
- Deliver high-quality programs on time and within budget that meet program goals
What You Bring to Tendril
- Customer-first mentality:
- You love working with clients, understanding their personalities and their business needs, and delivering progressive, solutions minded programs to meet these needs.
- You understand that customer service is critical to a client's satisfaction.
- You have an observable passion for customer satisfaction and value creation.
- Problem-solving, initiative, and collaboration:
- You work independently and seek solutions where none are evident.
- You present complex content in a simple, clear, concise and engaging manner.
- You delegate effectively and establish clear and consistent communications and expectations.
- You have coaching, mentoring, motivating, and supervision skills and experience.
- You have effective and principled negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- You have a gift for engendering positive relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Past experience:
- You successfully managed large accounts and/or carried challenging sales quotas.
- You managed and exceeded expectations.
- You met and exceeded annual goals for innovative product/services offerings that are still new to the market.
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for delivering results is set high.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers.
We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- 10-12 years experience in a comparable role.
- Regulated Electric Utility experience strongly preferred.