Junior Account Executive at Melio (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We want YOU to be a founding member of the new Denver FaMelio! As the fastest growing fintech company in the United States, the Melio team is expanding to Denver to continue to impact and aid small businesses across the country. We are looking for collaborative, transparent and hardworking team members to help grow and scale this new office!
As a Junior Account Executive, you will play a key role in growing the Melio book of business, while showing the value of our product to small business owners throughout the United States. You will target new business opportunities within your vertical and manage the sales cycle, driving user adoption to close. In this fast-paced transactional sales team, you will work collaboratively with our entire go-to-market team to ensure the utmost growth and development within the Melio Sales organization.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build relationships with small business owners through a high volume of outbound calls to demonstrate the value and return of investment that the Melio product provides within our solution
- Establish a strong understanding of the payment industry and your target market to position yourself as a Melio product expert
- Quickly gain trust of prospective clients so that they are comfortable speaking with you about their needs & exploring this solution for their business
- Handle customer objections by continuously driving value
- Meet and exceed both monthly and quarterly goals by managing a large pipeline of leads through all stages of the sales process
- Manage and document all sales activity to drive business growth
- Excel in the art of upselling and acquire product adoption
- Collaborate cross functionally to help develop best practices to improve conversation rates as well as ongoing product development in a fast-paced startup environment
What We’d Love To See:
- 1+ years of experience in a sales related role, preferably within a fintech or high-growth startup environment in an SDR or AE capacity, preferably 1+ year within a quota carrying role, with a track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Experience utilizing tools such as Salesforce or other sales engagement tools to track and maintain business leads and future deals
- Strong communication and collaboration skills working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build valuable relationships -- “No” doesn’t scare you!
- You are self-motivated, persistent, hard working, and a true team player
- Bonus points for holding previous experience as a high-performing SDR in a fintech or high-growth startup environment
- Bonus points for knowledge of fintech, AP/AR, and/or B2B strategy
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Base compensation range is $45,000-$65,000 with total compensation for the role including an additional variable component, for up to 100% of the agreed upon base salary
- 100% health insurance coverage on selected plans (medical/dental/vision)
- Competitive compensation plans
- 401K matching
- Flexible PTO
- Weekly lunch perks
- Zoom yoga
- Plenty of fun team activities
- Extensive career growth and development opportunities throughout a growing startup
When we started Melio, we wanted to build more than an efficient Accounts Payable tool. We wanted to build a service that helps small businesses keep up with business. Melio is a B2B payments experience that not only saves time but also significantly improves cash flow. We aid to make the payment workflow so simple it helps businesses focus on their customers, not their back office. With a company that works in the heart of Soho, the Melio team has continued to grow exponentially. Our faMELIO is made up of hardworking go-getters. We love to celebrate the successes of our team, and the continued success of our growing company!
Here at Melio, culture is one of our biggest priorities. We champion a team that fosters diversity and inclusivity in all aspects. Regardless of gender, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability, Melio will consider all qualified applicants during our process as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Even if you’re on the fence about applying to an open role, please throw your specs in the mix -- we’d love to connect with you!