Inside Sales Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
People love our service. Our customer-focused inside sales teams help people learn about us and become complete converts of ezCater. Our inside sales teams on the caterer partner side of our marketplace help restaurants and caterers connect with new customers, increase revenue, and streamline their operations through our offerings.
It’s a conversational sale with a strong message: helping business professionals, as well as restaurants and caterers, discover that they can order/serve all their business catering through us. Your job is to build and develop one of our inside sales teams. Except, you’re selling a proven product with happy customers and a 4.8-star rating.
What you’ll do:
- Lead. You will hire and manage Team Leads and Reps to ensure you hit sales targets.
- Coach. You will teach and coach on core competencies to drive Rep development and performance.
- Evaluate. We use data (a lot of it) to drive decisions. Be proactive in uncovering what’s the right thing for both the business and the caterer/customer.
- Invent. We’ve been selling ezCater for 11+ years, so you can build off our experience. If you don’t have a constant stream of new use cases/scripts/approaches to A/B test, you’re not being creative enough.
- Motivate. Create purpose and vision for individuals that motivate your junior reps to become senior, and your senior reps to hone their craft.
- Collaborate. You partner with our Marketing department to help with targeting and lead generation, and our Customer Service Ninjas for killer support.
- 5+ years of sales management experience, specifically building and managing high-performing sales teams.
- A love for people. You’ve hired, managed, and grown inside salespeople who are professional, personable, and great closers.
- A numbers-driven approach. You get that sales is a machine. You’ve got your favorite ways to measure results, and Sales Ops and Excel are your friends.
- Managed people. People have worked (or would work) for you more than once.
- Technically experience. CRM and SFA tools are child’s play to you.
- Ability to play well with others – and command credibility, too.
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized RTD pass, a great office in the heart of Denver, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.