Inside Sales Manager
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Hiring, managing, coaching, and training of a team of Inside Sales Reps
- Manage a team to meet/exceed assigned sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Working with cross-functional teams to coordinate on Product and Market opportunities.
- Creation and execution of sales strategy, expansion of territories and products as the role grows.
- Tracking of sales activity and auditing/reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual results.
- Maintain a high level of company knowledge and insight into restaurant industry trends
- Some travel required for market research and sales initiatives.
- Stay current with organizational changes, initiatives, and vision. Lead and motivate his/her team around these.
Core Value Competencies
The four core value competencies apply to all positions.
- Customer First– Fosters trust and confidence with customers; Understands and determines current and future needs; Exceeds expectations; Monitors satisfaction; Looks for opportunities to improve service; Follows through; Solicits and applies feedback; Promotes customer focus; Builds/maintains positive relations
- Collaboration and Teamwork- Demonstrates a commitment to team goals thru attitude, contribution & cooperation; willingness to participate in a team; Shares info; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Takes accountability for own actions; Puts success of team above own interest
- Creativity and Innovation- Develops innovative approaches & ideas to achieve goals, Solve problems, improve performance; Receptive to new ideas, methods, technologies; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; Meets challenges w/ resourcefulness; Questions conventional methods.
- Continuous Improvement- Pursues training & development; Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills & abilities; Seeks & applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates urgency/persistence to accomplish goals; Continually seeks to improve processes/products/services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consultative Meeting Approach:Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
- Negotiation skills: Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, manages conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 4+ years of Management experience, managing sales or a lead generating team
- 8+ years of Sales experience, with a proven track record of high achievement against goals
- Sales leadership to execute against assigned targets and analytical skills to make and support business decisions
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience with coaching and training of individuals and teams
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills
- Restaurant experience/food service industry experience a plus
- College degree required
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution preferred
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
- OpenTable software experience a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven sales success
- Proven success managing and leading a team
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong leadership skills
- Aptitude to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Proven track record of successful sales execution, pipeline management, and delivering against goals
- Competitive, tenacious and results driven
- Excellent written and oral communication skills