Head of Sales
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
This position will report to the President and will work closely with the leadership team to strengthen sales performance, develop revenue growth strategies, and drive accountability through strong leadership, global alliances and partnerships. This position plays a pivotal role in directly influencing the future of FWI, and covers new business sales, installed client base sales, and partner strategies. This position will set the strategic direction for US and International sales strategy, strategic partners, overall revenue oversight, process improvement and tactical execution of generating sales. Will be focused on meeting the needs of a growing and dynamic sales team by driving efficiencies and improvements. This position demands a detailed understanding of the processes and procedures that drive a successful sales organization, as well as strategic thinking competencies. The Head of Sales must be a strong, business-minded leader who makes data driven business decisions and demonstrates a high level of accountability in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Reports to the President of FWI and works closely with the executive team to identify the most effective, scalable opportunities to further success, and address issues.
- Responsible for driving incremental growth through global alliances and partnerships and their integration with the core company capabilities of Four Winds Interactive.
- Directs and oversees FWI’s channel sales policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Sets short- and long-term channel sales strategies and evaluates effectiveness of current programs.
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Has a focus on sales channel development and management, building on existing and creating relationships with a list of strategic alliances to sell, solution and deliver FWI solutions in varied markets.
- Provides strategic direction to sales (US and International), sales support teams, and professional services functions. Develops sales targets for the organization using volume, cost of sales, and product profitability. Develops sales goals and forecasts that are consistent with the company’s long-term objectives
- Works closely with Sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the executive team.
- Collaborates with the Sales Operations team and the CFO to manage top-down and bottom-up budget using benchmarks and trending analysis
- Responsible for providing leadership to sales leaders, reporting on the Sales forecast, implementation of all processes and reports to accurately predict the forecast through management of pipeline auditing, BANT and SAID score accuracy, and appropriately committing deals with direct input from the Sales leadership.
- Sets sales goals and objectives that appropriately reflect the overall business goals.
- Works with key departments and stakeholders to manage the overall ARR budget and implement tactical initiatives and areas for improvement
- Map, document and continually improve the sales process and supporting processes; centralize and standardize process documents to drive consistency and transparency
- Provide insight into the necessary dashboards and reports; prepare board/budget meeting materials.
- Define business requirements for Sales technology; assist with design, implementation and integration; continuous improvement of solutions over time.
- Oversee sales operations which includes sales enablement and training including sales demos, collateral, and pushing all product changes into the channels
- Working with senior sales leadership to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Work with Finance to establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and People Operations to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
Requirements for Success:
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, or Sales
- 15+ years of successful sales operations leadership experience, business planning or sales support in the software industry
- 5+ years of extensive experience with Salesforce.com
- Broad experience formulating vision and strategy for a Sales Team including an excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Sales Operations processes and systems (sales cycle, CRM applications, reporting, forecasting, territory management and sales quotas)
- Extensive experience in business to business sales, pipeline generation and overall sales process
- Strategic thinking and the ability to glean opportunities for improvement from data/reports from Salesforce
- Management experience preferably in Sales or sales support
- Strategic focus and business acumen; Exhibits strong business acumen, and positively contributes to business strategy development and execution; unique ability to understand both big-picture organizational strategy and details of execution
- Improvement orientation; Proven experience in reducing cost of sale through process improvements and technology enablers; well versed in latest trends, innovations, and technologies used to enable sales success
- Deep understanding of (and empathy for) role of a sales professional; Serves as “gatekeeper” to Account Executives and sales leadership to balance requests from other departments; Account Executives view this person as an advocate and results accelerator; The desired leader views Account Executives and Sales leadership as their primary internal clients
- Effective cross-functional team collaborator; can work across the company to engage, inform, and activate team members; act in a way where people want to engage with and partner with this Leader
- Skilled in operations and data analytics; Asks (and answers) the non-obvious questions to identify unique insights that contribute to driving performance; effective at developing and maintaining performance dashboards and business intelligence
- Customer-first mindset; Remains current on leading-edge industry and customer trends, seeks opportunities to engage with customers (as appropriate)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status