Head of Sales Insights and Operations
More about you
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 3-5 years experience in strategy and operations at a sales organization of more than 100 team members, with a proven track record of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes essential to sales force productivity.
- Experience scaling sales strategy and operations in a “medium velocity” model including inbound and outbound (inside) tactics.
- 7 to 10 years in the software industry/related business experience
- Strong leadership skills: you know how to coach and mentor your team members, know how to challenge ideas effectively, and know how to collaborate in a manner that drives decisions and outcomes for the business
- Expert data & analysis skills: you know what to questions to ask, how to capture data, what the data says, and what actions we can take based upon the results. You will leverage the tried and true, and when beneficial, be creative and inventive with how to truly measure success, understand drivers, and find opportunities to improve.
- Experience managing requirements for business technology platforms, including how CRM platforms like Salesforce and related technology tools are best leveraged in an inbound sales model.
- Professional consultative skills: you can bring insights to partners with executive presence and clarity, enabling them to take bold, impactful action and habituating them to seek your strategic advice.
- A results- and efficiency-oriented mindset, balanced with adaptability and a positive attitude.
And it’s admired, but not required if you have:
- Experience with data definitions and requirements
- Direct sales experience
- SQL and other analytical skills
- A track record writing or presenting on effective methodologies to create efficient sales organizations, go-to-market models, and metrics
- Change or program management training
More about our team
Our five-person Sales Insights & Operations team is staffed with committed, bright, dedicated people helping our sales organizations understand current performance, forecast the future, and improve process for our Direct and Indirect Sales channels. The team is a part of our broader Insights & Operations team, which helps our business leaders across Marketing, Sales, & Customer Experience set and achieve the right goals via strategy, operations, and technology.
Gusto's mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life (what we believe). Gusto has built the first modern all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll + Benefits + HR + Employee Onboarding, under one roof. The company is currently processing several billion dollars in payroll, and serves over 60,000 businesses nationwide (which represents over 1% of all employers in America). Customers love the product (NPS of 75+) and spread the word on social media. The company has over 500 employees and is located in San Francisco & Denver. Gusto is funded by Google Capital, Kleiner Perkins, and General Catalyst, as well as the CEOs/Founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Mint, Shopify, Yahoo, Thumbtack, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.