Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Gusto is a people platform for businesses who care about their people. Our products and services help small and medium business owners onboard, pay, insure, and engage their teams, in one integrated, easy-to-use platform loved by over 100,000 modern employers. Gusto makes taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping owners manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Generation Investment Management, T Rowe Price, Fidelity as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Gusto has built the first modern, all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, HR and Employee Onboarding under one roof. We provide a full-service solution including software, expert support, and a variety of business services under one room, designed around our customers. Gusto is growing faster than any other company in its space. In 7 years, we’ve grown to serve 2% of all businesses in the US.
Head of Indirect Sales
We are seeking an accomplished sales leader to empower a team of partner sales professionals. This team is responsible for owning and driving the one-to-many channels that help grow Gusto’s distribution across all small and medium businesses in the United States. The responsibility includes understanding where one-to-many partners, like accountants, are in the buying cycle to produce personalized, relevant communications, software experiences, and selling motions that truly engage customers. This leader will drive a holistic, consistent, and customer obsessed experience across channels working across numerous cross-functional teams including marketing, product, and engineering. The role will require formalizing processes for inputs and outputs of customer needs, developing in-depth channel measurement and success metrics, and augmenting the team’s existing approach to acquiring new customers and managing those on the platform. We are a team that values strong ownership, delivering results, diving into details, embracing ambiguity, and pushing for the right outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and lead a world-class team responsible for one-to-many partner sales and account management
- Deepen partnerships with existing accounting partners: determine partner engagement strategy, build and grow Gusto’s presence across all key market segments to achieve business targets
- Grow net new business within the accounting and adjacent channels
- Build a world-class consultative sales team: Invest and develop the existing sales team while simultaneously attracting top sales talent to Gusto
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and product, marketing insights and analysts, legal, and PR to deliver high quality partner programs for both acquisition and account management
- Continually raise the bar on development of new tests and garner learnings across website, blog, email and sales enablement channels with a customer-first focus
- Develop mechanisms, processes, and measurement of all channels to understand what is working and what needs improvement across channels
- Enable partner marketing teams and product marketing to leverage channels to drive adoption for new products and services
- Own operations and prioritization of channel resources; conduct monthly business reviews and annual resource planning
- Ability to identify global stakeholder needs, implement prioritization
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of sales experience with a focus on selling to the small and medium business segment (under 100 employees)
- 5+ years building, leading, and developing teams
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create compelling channel and demand generation programs, and review and provide constructive feedback to improve and optimize campaigns across the team
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense information into channel investment decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, Research and partner teams marketing teams
- Analytical abilities shown to drive metrics and benchmarks, channel and customer segment level insights, and experiment design to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Proven track record of building, managing and optimizing multiple large-scale multi-channel sales teams simultaneously
- Equally comfortable building strategic go-to-market plans and executing at a tactical level
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes, and ability to deliver against lofty goals on time