Growth Account Executive at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:26 a.m. (MST) on Friday, May 29, 2020
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 22,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to handle over 1 billion API requests per day to providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, Yahoo! and more.
Nylas was founded in 2013, has offices in SF, NYC and Denver, and has raised over $30M to date from Spark Capital, 8VC, Slack, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Sparkpost.
Nylas Raises $16M in Series B Financing
Nylas Certified as a 2019 Great Place to Work
Nylas Named One of the Best Leadership Teams in 2019
Nylas Moves Into 944 Market Street Location
Slack Invests in Nylas Latest Round
Why are we hiring this role?
As a result of explosive growth, Nylas is looking to expand its sales team significantly. Since our first platform release in 2016 the business has experienced triple digit growth primarily as a result of a world class inbound marketing function and the organic growth of our customers. Over the past several months the volume of leads being produced by Marketing has surpassed our sales capacity. As a response we have decided to expand our Growth AE team , whose primary responsibility will be to convert leads into new customers for Nylas.
Why Are We Hot?
- 2X revenue growth YoY
- 300+ customers including Hyundai, News Corp, Hubspot, Move.com, Realtor.com, Active Campaign, Dialpad, Pipedrive, Clio, Lexicata, Sparkpost, AdRoll
- 250% Net Dollar Retention (Best in Class)
- Monthly Churn 0.3% (Best in Class)
- Community of over 25,000 developers worldwide
- Product with enterprise scalability (Over 1 Billion API requests daily and 25B synced emails to date)
- $30M raised from Spark Capital, 8VC, Slack, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel.
- 2019 Great Place to Work (GPTW)
- 2019 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
- 2019 Best CEOs (Comparably)
- 2019 Best CEOs for Diversity (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Perks and Benefits (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
How is this different from other positions?
At Nylas we truly value our people and strive to create an environment of growth. We provide our sales reps with more responsibility at earlier career stages than most, if not all, software companies. We do this because we believe the right person for this role will hold themselves more accountable than any manager should ever have to. Our aim is to put you in position to be incredibly successful. To that end, we will onboard you with deeply valuable training materials on how to be a great account executive, how to become an expert on the Nylas platform and how to become an industry expert and artisan in your role. Performance metrics will be used to coach and guide you to your best performance and you will be managed by leaders who have your best interests in mind for today, and with an eye towards your future career path. In this role you will need to leverage business development skills for researching prospects and leads provided by Marketing. Leads will come to you daily. Some will be complete and ready to move forward, some will require research and creativity to be fulfilled. There are also hundreds of leads that may not have been worked properly in the past. These leads represent tremendous opportunities to be rekindled. Once you have a prospect engaged you will be responsible for the selling process from initial call to close. You will be provided with a blueprint for how to execute well in each stage of the sales cycle and oversight from sales leadership and sales engineering resources to ensure you can be successful in every interaction. With successful execution we will layer in additional responsibilities in regard to outbound prospecting and named account ownership. you will be heading in a career path toward more significant selling opportunities with larger customers, larger deal sizes and more complicated sales cycles. Your only limitations will be your own work capacity, work ethic and creativity.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
Everyone always suggests they want a hungry, self starter. Those two characteristics are important, but not enough. Besides, everyone says they have those traits. Our ideal candidate also possesses the following key skills and attributes:
- Willing to to learn a moderately complex technology and how to demonstrate that technology to prospective clients and describe key value points
- A thoughtful researcher who can make the most out of leads provided even if the information is not complete
- Someone willing to navigate within prospect companies to find the decision maker and ensure they are included in the buying process
- A thoughtful writer who sends well written, concise communication to prospects
- A keen listener who is highly curious and willing to ask as many questions as it takes to understand the prospects business needs and challenges
- An individual who over-prepares for each client interaction and who also aims to prepare anyone that will interact with a potential prospect they have uncovered so they can execute on highly effective meetings
- Someone who is passionate about understanding your prospect’s business challenges and finding a fit with our product in achieving their business goals
- Someone who embraces the use of sales productivity tools to manage themselves and their output volumes to the highest level of efficiency including salesforce.com administration, cadence creation and follow up, LinkedIn navigation and more
- Someone that is willing to put in the time and energy to master the sales presentations, demonstrations and overall value proposition.
- And last but not least, Persistence and Urgency. Everyone is busy, don’t mistake their lack of responsiveness for a lack of need for the Nylas platform. Your job is to create that consistent touch and thoughtful relationship development. They will thank you for it later.
What are the minimum set of requirements?
Most often we’ve seen successful Growth AEs come from other software companies where they were able to get a year or two of successful lead generation under their belt as an SDR/ADR or BDR and have 1-2 years of actual closing experience. In those experiences they were able to build a foundation that prepares them for the next level of closing responsibilities we are requiring. The key question to ask yourself is, in your current role have you been able to meet or exceed your monthly/quarterly quota requirements? If yes, how did you do it and can you repeat that formula? If no, why weren’t you able to meet your goals and why will things be different now?
If you believe you fit the profile of our “ideal candidate” I challenge you to apply for this job. Come in prepared to sell yourself. This is the opportunity that will launch your career. Are you ready?
- 1-3 years of B2B/Enterprise/SaaS experience in sales or business development
- At least 1 year of closing experience
- Desire to work within a quickly growing small team environment
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding quota goals
- Outbound sales and prospecting experience
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, and coding academy graduates.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.
Read Full Job Description