Global Sales Commercial Trainer at CircleCI (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
CircleCI is looking for a Global Sales Commercial Trainer to own end-to-end sales training and sales coaching in support of our growing New Business Sales and Growth Sales team. In this role, you will lead the development and implementation of sales training programs for SMB, Commercial, and Enterprise Account Executives in North America, EMEA, and APAC.
We are looking for someone to help upskill our Account Executives through their drive, deep understanding of the sales process and best practices, and customer-facing experience selling to both new and existing accounts. You will play a key role in accelerating ramp and production of our sales team as we expand the Revenue Enablement team at CircleCI.
The ideal candidate is a strategic sales thinker that has experience navigating both net new and upsell opportunities in complex accounts. They will bring a combination of strong sales and training skills, with a clear understanding of the skills necessary to be a top sales performer. You are driven by increasing efficiency across the team and are a master at building predictability in seller performance. You have a desire to be a hands-on coach, but have a knack for data-driven program design. You have experience selling and training in a SaaS/B2B environment, and are comfortable facilitating training both in-person and in virtual environments. You are excited by the challenge of training a rapidly growing team in a competitive landscape.
This role reports into the Revenue Enablement Manager, and will work closely with the Sales Development Trainer, Enablement Program Manager, front-line sales managers and Revenue Leadership.This role is vital to CircleCI’s significant growth plans, and we are looking for someone who is excited to be part of a growing organization, and loves technology and teaching.Overview of Team:
Revenue Enablement supports the day-to-day workflows of our Sales Development, Account Executive, and Customer Success teams across the world. Through commercial and technical training, content development, and operational improvement, we ensure that our teams have the tools and information necessary to be a best-in-class commercial organization. The Revenue Enablement team regularly partners cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, and Customer Engineering.What you'll do:
- Approach all of your coaching and training programs with a data-driven goal in mind (ex. Reducing ramptime, growing average deal size, reducing time-to-close)
- Co-lead commercial onboarding for all Revenue new hires
- Scale the existing 30/60/90 key performance activities as part of onboarding to decrease ramp time and increase efficiency and performance across teams (ex. pitch certifications)
- Expand our coaching framework and relevant materials for managers to support deal review and performance evaluations; compliment front-line managers by providing additional one-on-one and group coaching to Account Executives
- Develop skill based training programs based on sales competencies to elevate the skillsets of all Account Executives
- Build sales playbooks and resources on topics, such as outbound prospect messaging and account mapping to drive consistency and best practices
- Ensure delivery and adoption of the company’s qualification framework (MEDDPICC) and commercial methodology (Challenger Sale)
- Conduct needs analysis to identify sales training/collateral opportunities for ongoing employee enablement
- Evaluate, measure, and track training effectiveness and performance metrics for purposes of continuous improvement to curriculum; produce executive-level reports in order to accelerate the success of the revenue organization
- Relatable, humble, and open to rapid iteration
- Proven ability to drive results amongst low-mid performing groups
- Excel in both small- and large-group training environments (groups of 5-50+)
- Can work autonomously and collaboratively within a distributed team
- Know how to capture lightbulb moments
- Passionate about coaching, but also love to learn
- Creative and motivated by impact-driven storytelling
- Strong educational instincts and ability to adapt to different types of personalities
- 3+ years in a customer-facing, quota carrying role
- 2+ years experience in training commercial teams
- Proven experience over-achieving targets and improving performance
- Experience selling SaaS in SMB, Commercial, and Enterprise markets
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC and the Challenger Sales Methodology, either as a seller or trainer
- Proven experience with improving operational effectiveness in a sales environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in one-on-one and group settings
- (Nice to have) Experience selling to Developers/Engineering profiles
- (Nice to have) Experience using Gong, SFDC, Looker, Outreach, Skilljar
- (Nice to have) Knowledge of AWS, GitHub, Docker, Jenkins CI/CD, and the DevOps toolchain
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000/year
Level: Mid-Senior Level