Field Solution Consultant at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Our Sales Consultants are responsible for a range of activities throughout the product and solution development lifecycle. They are the bridge between the Customer and the Technology solution.
Our Consultant's primary objective is to help the technical staff understand and apply our prospect/customer requirements to our software in a manner that accentuates our product strengths, business value, functionality, and differentiates us from the competition.
- Delivers meaningful customer facing demonstrations and presentations
- Elicits the business challenges and functional requirements via direct customer communication
- Analyzes the business needs and requirements to determine the solution approach
- Uses requirements to compare against standard demo design and demo story use cases to determine modifications required to satisfy each customer's unique business needs
- Manages and communicates demo expectations including process, timing, and demo detail
- Translates and simplifies requirements for demo development
- Validates that the demo build and script addresses the customer requirements and needs
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in a sales consulting, sales engineering, software required
- Experience in Insurance and/or technology preferred
- Prior experience in product management, project management, or business analyst helpful
- Demonstrated ability to follow sound business ethics when executing job responsibilities to build and maintain customer confidence
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong, meaningful team relationships
- Proven track record of achieving goals and quotas
- Understanding of Salesforce.com and other key sales technologies
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work proactively to predict and minimize potential issues before they arise, and resolves those that do in a timely manner
- Advanced technical skills – Web Conferencing, MS Office, CRM software
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 20% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.