Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. As our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
To do their best work, our Executive team needs an agile individual that addresses a variety of work styles. Pie’s Executive Assistant (EA) role will demand flexibility and the ability to perform operational tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. You will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s daily operations, team interactions, and culture. Working well cross-functionally is a key part of this role.
The Executive Assistant will be connecting with peers, immediate leadership, and Executives frequently to connect on collaborative efforts and update status needs and tasks. They will collaborate with other departments and leaders throughout the month to determine deliverables and check in on status needs.
This role will work in our Denver or DC office once our office re-opens.
How You'll Do It
Supporting the Executive Team
- Identifying and anticipating the administrative needs of 3-4 Executive team members in the Denver office.
- Heavy, proactive calendar support. These leaders need someone to manage and coordinate their busy schedules. This includes resolving conflicts, ensuring regularly scheduled one on ones with their team members, coordinating team meetings, ordering catering, booking conference rooms in multiple offices, arranging video conference connections, and ensuring the meetings are attended.
- Drafting communication in the voice of the executive.
- Effectively disseminate messages from the executives that you support through the appropriate channels.
- Responsible for some executive meeting prep, attending some meetings to track action items and coordinate follow-up on action items.
- Booking travel.
- Light expense reporting.
- Jumping into ad hoc projects as they arise across the company.
- Event planning.
- Coordinating swag for a new hire, anniversaries, and other milestones.
- Team-specific support for sales contests, peer-to-peer awards, and other team celebrations.
Admin Team Support
- Support and back up to the other Administrative staff in both the Denver and DC offices with such tasks as receiving packages, greeting visitors, planning company-wide events, maintaining the kitchen space, etc.
The Right Stuff
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Additional schooling is preferred.
- 3 years in an Executive Assistant, or similar, role required.
- 5 years in Administrative Assistant role preferred.
- Working experience in other support roles is helpful.
- Advanced communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills, to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future.
- Advanced awareness of workflow, and project tradeoffs to make decisions based on needs now and into the future.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding environment is preferred.
- Must be customer service-focused. You enjoy helping others and creating amazing work-life experiences.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to act with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in Google Calendar is required, experience with Gmail and Google Workspace is helpful.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools (specifically Slack) is a big plus!
- Competitive salary.
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options).
- Comprehensive health plans.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid sick leave.
- Future-focused 401k match.
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave.
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills, and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $80,000 - $100,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding