Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR)
The mission of Exponential Impact (XI) is to give early stage entrepreneurs in emerging technologies the best start humanly possible. XI is a non-profit organization dedicated to the education, mentoring, and resourcing of entrepreneurs working with emerging technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Blockchain, and Cybersecurity. In partnership with the investment arm of XI, Tech Ventures COS LLC., XI is dedicated to providing programmatic and investment resources to support startups in Colorado Springs and in the state of Colorado overall.
The flagship program of Exponential Impact is the XI Accelerator---a mentorship-driven program that brings a cohort of teams to Colorado Springs for 14-weeks of coaching, mentoring, seed funding, and leadership development. In addition to the XI Accelerator program, later-stage incubator programs will begin in Fall 2019 for more developed startups. The two incubator programs, XI Amplify and XI Ascend, are catered to startups preparing for funding rounds. With these additional two programs, XI is able to assist “Seed to Series A” startups throughout their entire entrepreneurial journeys.
The XI Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) will wake up every morning eager to help participating startups thrive in business and as leaders. The role will be for all XI programs starting with the XI Accelerator program in June 2019 in addition to the XI Incubator programs starting Fall 2019. They will meet regularly with the teams to impart all kinds of wisdom to these founders. While all startups enter the program at different stages, the EiR will support teams with:
- Product validation
- Sales processes
- Marketing/Social Media
- Team Dynamics
- Analytics and Data tracking
- Project Management
In addition to assisting the participating startups, the EiR will assist building the XI Accelerator curriculum and advancing the mission of XI.
- Proven track record in an entrepreneurial organization
- Experience starting, scaling, and exiting a startup
- Understanding of the local business and entrepreneurial ecosystem in Colorado Springs
- Experience coaching, consulting, and/or mentoring individuals and teams in a startup
- Familiarity with emerging technologies including blockchain, AI/ML, and cybersecurity
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related discipline (Economics, Marketing, Advertising, Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or any similar field) – or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive management experience in dynamic, growth companies
- Provide direct advisory assistance to startups in the Accelerator, Amplify, and Ascend programs
- Assist with the establishment and creation of objectives and key results for participating companies
- Collaborate with the lead mentors to contribute consistent, value-added guidance and resources to the entrepreneurs
- Maintain a clear understanding of stage-appropriate services, resources and best practices available
- Develop relationships with the entrepreneurial and business growth resources in the region
- Work with the XI team in building out the accelerator and incubator programs
- Act as a steward for Exponential Impact in the community
- Serve as an advocate and thought leader for entrepreneurship at community events
Interested candidates: send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
For a formal job description, please click here