Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Enterprise Solution Architecture team is a highly collaborative group that defines solutions for complex and challenging initiatives. The team focuses on specific areas of depth regarding functional capabilities while also developing a broad understand of the entire organization. Working within the team as well as with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization, we identify solutions and ensure the solution aligns to long term strategic targets.
What you will be doing
You will be examining business value driven ideas to understand the nature of the business problem that needs to be solved. You’ll work with key individuals for each request to identify risk and complexity, align to strategic goals, achieve the right balance of value based on current conditions and future expectations. You will work closely with Product and Engineering leaders to craft strategies and develop roadmaps to achieve an evolving vision for the future.
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns, guidelines, and frameworks.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
• Technical background in a wide variety of areas used to develop robust and resilient architectures
• Systems thinking background, pulling a variety of related topics together for comprehensive solutions
• Strong experience understanding of the importance of business value balanced with architectural principles and engineering practices
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with technical and business personnel from individual contributors to senior management
• The ability to influence and persuade others on the correct approach to take based on competing interests and constraints
Added bonus if you have:
- Payments industry or financial services background / experience
- Enterprise Architecture experience
- Experience with microservices, cloud native architecture
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.