Enterprise Payments Sales Executive - Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS offers class-leading Enterprise Payments products as a part of the Open Payments Solutions to the global financial services market. The North America sales team focuses on strategic selling to the top banks and financial services providers, providing expertise and consultative solutioning. With a strong reference client base of well over 30 of the top 50 global banks as clients, the senior sales team has driven incredible bookings and revenue growth consistently year over year. We provide Wires, ACH, Real Time Payments, SWIFT and Payment Hub modular, ISO20022-based solutions on a leading technology platform. The sales team collaborates with a dynamic Product Management team, a strong Presales team and a global account relationship team to provide best of breed client engagement from day one of the sales process.
What you will be doing
In this unique, rewarding and demanding sales role, the senior sales executive is expected to drive every aspect of business development with clients and prospects. Keys to success in the role include having strong Banking and Payments industry expertise, a consultative sales approach, strategic selling and a firm grasp of the technologies driving payments modernization. The successful candidate will demonstrate comfort in balancing existing client relationship management with net new prospect selling, and must also have strength and presence in senior executive engagements all while getting very hands on with every aspect and detail of the sale in collaboration with the sales support resources.
Key requirements of the role:
- A proven track record of sales success is a must-have - you will be working alongside the industry's best and brightest and most seasoned sales executives
- Depth and experience in selling strategic solutions to large banks, preferably in the wholesale and enterprise payments space
- Flexibility to travel as required to a diverse and wide ranging North American territory, preferably with a home location or willingness to travel in the Western US
- A strong network of existing contacts with key senior leaders in financial services, including CIOs, CTOs, Heads of Payments and Treasury/Wholesale Banking
- Top shelf communication skills in all disciplines - oral, written, formal presentation and reading people non-verbally - along with comfort in engaging external partners, industry analysts and other key stakeholders in public forums
- A can-do, collaborative attitude and a proven problem solver - one who can traverse a large organization to get the resources needed to make the sale and assure client satisfaction throughout the life of a payments relationship
- Must be the expert of: the industry, the client, the problem of the client, our solutions, the technology and FIS - bring everything together to both effectively sell and close business, driving long term, sustainable growth in payments for FIS
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- General knowledge of financial and/or payment solutions technology including systems, applications and banking practices
- Requires expert negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form via presentation in a clear, concise and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
- Requires solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills are required to determine client business needs and requirements
- Ability to remain calm under various levels of pressure
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.