Enterprise Account Director at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
This is a senior individual contributor role responsible for directly developing relationships with Enterprise Accounting and Bookkeeping Channel Accounts in the United States.
Once it is safe to do so, this position will require significant travel to partner meetings and events.
As an Enterprise Account Director you will be responsible for:
- Generating new relationships with enterprise accounting and bookkeeping partners through outbound prospecting activity
- Assisting, driving and influencing the creation and development of business plans for these firms to develop their online strategy
- Ensuring that commitments in the pre-sales process are managed and delivered by leveraging internal relationships
- Accessing TAM within the firms to convert to Xero
- Partnering with Senior Account Managers assigned to the local offices to grow Xero penetration within Enterprise Accounts during pre-sales
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain relationships with Accounting Partners to ensure long-term success
- Act as the liaison between Accounting Partners and internal teams ensuring clients' requirements are met
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Product teams to set and suggest product evolutions
- Ensure a formal enterprise account engagement plan is developed
- Deliver Xero introductory events to prospective enterprise accounts
- Manage enterprise inbound sales calls and tickets from prospect enterprise accounts and support Senior Account Managers to be able to promptly manage regional inbound sales calls and tickets
- Ensure Partners and staff attend introductory webinars, events & certification training
- Educate enterprise accounts on all partner resources available
- Monitor specifically assigned enterprise accounts progress through the sales cycle, while working collaboratively with the rest of the sales organization
- Maintain and update CRM system of all practice staff and contact details, as well as client communications
- Respond in a timely manner to all enterprise account enquiries both internally and externally
- Drive attendance for Xero Sales led events and Partner Forums
Success looks like
- Meeting monthly revenue and subscription targets of enterprise accounts directly managed
- National Weekly measurements- As per above monthly KPI's - reported weekly
- Strong account management skills
- Loads of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- An enthusiasm for building strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to create a quick and strong rapport with partners
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- A process driven results-focused approach
- Passion and desire to make a difference
- 8+ years experience in a hunting sales role with at least 2+ years experience dealing with Enterprise accounts
- Accounting experience from within large Accounting firms, deep understanding of workflows and consulting within those firms is a plus
- Extensive industry knowledge, contacts and networks
- A track record in influencing and drive sales within partner and vertical channels
- Strong market knowledge in current Practice and SME software competitor platforms
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place.