Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add an Enrollment Advisor to the team.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Engaging with prospective students who have expressed interest in pursuing a degree or other program at a Guild university partner
- Guiding students through the process of submitting required documents and information to complete their university program applications
- Nourishing relationships by learning about prospective students’ work and educational goals
- Communicating with students whether by phone, email or text
- Collaborating cross-functionally internally and externally across Student Enrollment, Client Success, and University Partnership teams
- Supporting students and acting as an accountability partner throughout the entire application and enrollment process in order to ensure a seamless, productive and positive experience with Guild
- Managing your student pipeline and communication outreach in our communication and Salesforce systems
- Constantly iterating on Guild’s student enrollment experience to improve student enrollment satisfaction and success: identifying challenges in the admissions and enrollment process, analyzing and evaluating opportunities to improve those areas, identifying action steps to implement and drive positive change
- Improving your approach through feedback and coaching, training programs, and collaboration
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a team that is continually improving processes and student outcomes in the enrollment process across multiple universities. Develop and refine your organizational skills as you track students through the process and report on specific road blocks.
- Learn to motivate students to stay focused through the process of enrollment, overcome potential obstacles, and solve problems.
- Organize and manage a complex pipeline, meet and exceed quarterly goals, develop processes and standards of excellence.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- You will know that you are successful by achieving measurable quarterly goals based on how many students you are able to help get started in college courses.
- As a mission driven company, the harder we work, the more students we can help. You will be assessed on your dedication to the mission through regular feedback from your manager and the team on a weekly basis.
- You’ll be held to a high standard of student service. Expect to solve student problems with grace, kindness, and attention to detail. You’ll clear roadblocks, calm anxieties, and launch students into a successful college experience.
- You will be asked to bring enthusiasm to every challenge, flexibility in the face of every change, and patience to the role as an Enrollment Advisor. This is a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment that demands your best everyday.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
Relationship building expertise:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with others quickly on the phone and via email or text
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change without oversight
Technical and organizational competence:
- A data-driven mindset and the ability to use insights from qualitative conversations and quantitative metrics to build stronger relationships and achieve better results
- Great attention to detail, and a highly-organized approach to your daily work, ability to set and manage expectations,and manage follow up
Iterative, growth mindset:
- A willingness and self-driven motivation to step outside your role and contribute to projects and initiatives in our fast-growing startup environment
- Resilience, openness and an ability to positively respond and adapt to frequent change
- A bias to action and sense of urgency as well as a persuasive ability to motivate action in others
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise. This role is compensated on base pay, not incentive bonuses