Guild is hiring for an Enrollment Advisor to engage with and support prospective students who have expressed interest in pursuing a degree or other program at a Guild university partner.
In particular, we are looking for an expert relationship builder who, by learning about prospective students’ work and educational goals, will effectively guide students through the process of submitting required documents and information to complete their university program applications. We are looking for someone who can contribute to the team by continually improving processes and student outcomes in the enrollment process across multiple universities.
As an Enrollment Advisor, you will:
- Support students and act as an accountability partner throughout the entire application and enrollment process in order to ensure a seamless, productive and positive experience with Guild
- Communicate with students by phone, email or text
- Manage your student pipeline and communication outreach in our communication and Salesforce systems
- Constantly iterate on Guild’s student enrollment experience to improve student enrollment satisfaction and success: identify challenges in the admissions and enrollment process, analyze and evaluate opportunities to improve those areas, identify action steps to implement and drive positive change
- Improve your approach through feedback and coaching, training programs, and collaboration
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Student Enrollment team, in this role you will collaborate cross-functionally internally and externally across the Client Success and University Partnership teams.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Relationship building expertise:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with others quickly on the phone and via email or text
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change without oversight
- Technical and organizational competence:
- A data-driven mindset and the ability to use insights from qualitative conversations and quantitative metrics to build stronger relationships and achieve better results
- Great attention to detail, and a highly-organized approach to your daily work, ability to set and manage expectations, and manage follow up
- Iterative, growth mindset:
- A willingness and self-driven motivation to step outside your role and contribute to projects and initiatives in our fast-growing startup environment
- Resilience, openness and an ability to positively respond and adapt to frequent change
- A bias to action and sense of urgency as well as a persuasive ability to motivate action in others
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise. This role is compensated on base pay, not incentive bonuses
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.