Director, Strategic Partnerships at Wunder Capital
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, charismatic, and partner-focused sales professional to solve hard problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will work closely with our team and partners to source a robust pipeline of new commercial-scale solar energy projects that need financing. Your day-to-day will change day to day, but will center around working with our national network of solar installers and developers, educating them on who Wunder is, what our financing products are, and how our streamlined process can best serve them. Once a new partnership has been established, you'll be charged with strengthening that relationship and working closely with their team to provide financing options for the commercial-scale solar projects that they’re developing.
This is not a commission-based cold-calling, smiling-and-dialing, or pavement-pounding role. Success here will require strong interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, an in-depth understanding of solar energy, and a heavy dose of hustle. If you get excited about unlocking the last untapped solar market segment, working on million-dollar deals every week, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, then this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation - You have 5+ years of partner management experience, ideally within solar or energy. Sales/BD experience with a technical product is a requirement, and you get bonus points if you have worked within project or structured finance!
- Quantitative - While client interaction is a big part of the job, comfort with numbers is a must. Externally, you’ll be discussing financial products with clients; internally, you’re on top of your team’s metrics and know how to use them to level-up impact.
- Force Multiplier - You have a track record proving that you can stretch and support team members to achieve increasingly ambitious goals. You are someone that others want to follow; you set the bar high and you hold people accountable. You’re also invigorated by the idea of rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty, and closing sales
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
- Account Management DNA - You’re well aware of the persistence and care that is needed to turn a lead into a high-value client, and you’re always excited by the challenge.
- Superior Written and Oral Communication Skills
- A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude - Wunder is a small, scrappy financial technology company, but we close big deals and make a big impact. A lot needs to get done in the process, and there's no room for ego here.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of finance, engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited PTO, a competitive salary, stock options, and one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- - One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- - A big, bright, convenient, modern and very funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- - Flexible work schedule and availability to work from Denver
- - Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- - Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- - Unlimited PTO and equity