Director of Strategic Accounts - Enterprise at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
Azevtec seeks an exceptional enterprise sales leader to accelerate the adoption of all-electric, autonomous vehicle systems within select Fortune 500 company distribution networks. The Director of Strategic Accounts - Enterprise will acquire and manage a group of strategic named accounts with expectations to manage full sales life cycles from demand generation through deal closure. This position requires a high degree of sophisticated product knowledge, advanced selling skills, and integrity.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with complex sales cycles, has a “hunter” mentality, will prioritize and champion customer needs, and has top-tier communication skills in appropriate expectation setting and ability to work within engineering constraints. Azevtec is looking for a candidate who will demonstrate a proven track record for consultative selling of technology solutions, technical services, and the building of trusted relationships with C-Level decision makers and business partners.
This individual needs to communicate effectively and persuasively across multiple departments and customers, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoy the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking someone who is purpose-driven with passion for technology to disrupt and drive change.
Duties and responsibilities
- Engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies in the Fortune 500 to generate both new business revenue from customer pilot programs and successfully convert pilots to ongoing revenue accounts.
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle as needed, including lead qualification, scope construction, proposal development, client presentations and contract negotiation (including negotiating on price and commercial terms).
- Clearly articulate the value proposition of Azevtec’s technology and employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Azevtec as the market leader in truck automation technology.
- Learn and understand business and technical requirements of clients to sell automation solutions that drive business value and have a clear ROI.
- Master a deep understanding of the qualitative strategies and initiatives of the customer that articulate the goals of their company, including an understanding of the performance metrics or KPIs that will be used to measure the success of execution.
- Build and deliver strategic presentations and proposals to create effective customer champions and support economic buyers to see the path to successfully rolling out an enterprise-wide autonomous vehicle deployment initiative.
- Position proposed solutions as deeply aligned with the customer’s strategy and direction.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals and sales expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission.
- Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a robust pipeline and skillfully execute each phase of the sales process from pipeline generation to closing the deal.
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serving as the primary customer contact for all internal activities.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product development.
- Acquire and communicate with the internal team on competitive solutions and emerging technologies.
- Attend trade shows and industry events for networking and competitive intelligence.
- Bring enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment.
- Moderate to heavy business travel required within the United States (>50%).
- 10+ years’ experience selling and presenting technology solutions to C-levels within enterprise accounts and cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with customers, strategic partners, and alliances.
- Hunter mentality with proven success managing and closing long, complex sales cycles with Fortune 500 accounts (contract values exceeding $1M).
- Ability to understand and effectively explain complex technology solutions, customer value and ROI.
- Experience deploying consultative and advanced sales methodologies and tools to achieve and exceed your sales targets.
- Expert negotiation skills and ability to drive value, effectively inform, and persuade.
- Collaborative approach to sales that includes working with multiple groups both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability.
- Display active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships.
- Innate passion for seeking depth and complete understanding in an account and market.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation, communication and persuasion skills are critical.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to self-motivate and produce high-level results with minimal supervision and direction and prioritize the most important tasks within a heavy workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and experience using Saleforce CRM.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency, flexibility and adaptiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred. MBA is a plus.