Director of Sales
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for a Director of Sales to join a fast growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. You will be working on the front edge of innovation with companies like Level 3 Communications, NBC Universal, Harvard University, SpaceX, NASA, Facebook, and the International Olympic Committee. The role is positioned for success and ideal for someone who is a player/coach early on and looking to demonstrate sales leadership skills by creating a model we can rapidly grow. This role will make a require a strong business skill set and is for someone who is looking to directly drive growth and make an impact. Wowza does things the right way and is able and willing to reward success. Be part of something special!
What you will be doing:
This individual will lead Wowza’s outbound sales team and directly drive and participate in Wowza’s top priority revenue growth initiative. Wowza has recently launched ClearCaster, a streaming solution in collaboration with Facebook specifically for publishers/content providers to use with Facebook Live. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in hiring and growing a sales team, engineering a sales model for success with key metrics, delivering breakthrough results and of course a great ability to sell themselves. The ideal candidate is also a proven leader who is creative, innovative, highly energetic and inspired to build, coach and develop a world-class selling and revenue growth engine.
The Director of Sales will champion our sales team as they directly engage with prospects and customers to educate and manage them through the buying process, driving growth and achieving our sales productivity targets as well as prospect and customer satisfaction targets.
This role will partner with marketing on key initiatives including demand generation programs and customer acquisition strategies. This individual will also build and modify supporting processes and sales operations to drive scale and ongoing efficiency.
The inside sales leader will help build and maintain a culture that inspires a sense of urgency, constant innovation & learning, and a strong sense of individual and team accountability. They will be responsible for hiring, training, organizing and directing a team as we continue to grow and expand.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this position interacts directly with external customers, prospects and internal stakeholders. The position will be based in our Golden, Colorado office. Travel expectation is 10-15% of time.
- Hire, train, manage, lead sales and sales operations teams to achieve sales and revenue targets
- Be an expert in Wowza product/service offerings, key differentiators, and selling points
- Manage, modify, and create sales processes and policies to effectively scale and engage with prospects and customers to deliver revenue goals.
- Partner with marketing to deliver proactive initiatives to drive qualified leads and manage prospects through the sales process.
- Embody the “Wowza Way” and enable Wowza sales culture that combines aggressive growth orientation with focus on customer success.
- Create and manage quarterly sales forecasts and pipeline update.
- Collect and report on prospect/customer interactions as needed.
Experience we’d like you to have:
- 8-10 years sales and commercial growth experience with 5+ managing teams in fast paced sales/BD environment
- Demonstrated sales and commercial leadership skills. Building and managing high performing sales team and achieving sales goals and objectives
- Salesforce fluency required and knowledge of other sales enablement tools (integrated with SF.com) desired
- Outstanding ability to set goals & objectives and monitor sales activity
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong internal and customer focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix managed environment
- Strong communication, presentation skills, analytical thinking
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned deliverables and timelines
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
- BA/BS degree or higher
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful industry leader that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.