Director of Sales Training & Enablement at pax8
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Collaborate with sales leaders to ensure alignment of sales training and coaching expectations, for sales new hires, existing sales reps, and new front-line sales managers; this includes observing sales new hire onboarding, attending sales management meetings, and providing updates and taking feedback to rollout new programs or improve existing programs. Work closely with the Director of Sales Effectiveness to develop comprehensive sales training/enablement content, when rolling out new sales processes and tools.
- Manage, coach, and support a team of experienced Sales Trainers and the Sales Enablement Specialist.
- Work closely with the Pax8 U Project Manager and Manager of Learning Development, to define sales eLearning needs (self-paced courses), learning plans by sales role, and product launches.
- Work closely with the Sales Enablement Specialist to create engaging, creative, and valuable content that drives improved sales skills and product knowledge.
- Review sales reports, data from sales tools, and coaching platforms and surveys, to incorporate enhancements and improvements in sales training and coaching programs; create Learning and Development (L&D) metrics that help provide compelling proof of reduced ramp times, increased revenue, and newly learned behaviors.
- Conduct sales training as needed.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least three (3) years’ sales management experience
- At least three (3) years’ sales training experience
- Experience with Challenger Sales Methodology preferred
- International experience preferred
- Strong communication skills; develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings - one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Sales tools and process experience (e.g., Saleforce.com, Outreach, pipeline management, forecast reviews, coaching)
- Excellent analytical skills, to develop metrics and KPIs tying L&D activities to sales results
- Ability to present to senior leaders effectively
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with sales leaders and others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Ability to use compelling arguments to gain support and commitment of others
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $120,000 or more depending on experience