TeamSnap is looking for a seasoned sales leader to serve as our Director of Sales for the Sports Organizations line of business. You’ll be at the forefront of one of TeamSnap’s most strategic investments, so you’ll need to double the team and more than double new business sales in the first 18 months.
To be successful, you’re scrappy, creative, passionate, collaborative, and at the core, a problem-solver. The inside sales function we’ve relied on in the past is a good foundation, but won’t be enough to make us the leader in the category. You’ll build an effective outbound sales effort, which means identifying target customers, building go-to-market plans, and hiring and growing the right team members. To cap it off, you’ll need to drive business development among key players in the industry, including national governing bodies, the largest clubs/leagues/associations, and other top influencers.
Fortunately, you’ve got plenty of support behind you, including a dedicated 8-person sales team, the number one brand in youth sports, and an armada of cross-functional resources from marketing to customer success. If you’re passionate about sports, comfortable with technology, and an entrepreneur at heart, you sound like the Director of Sales we’re looking for.
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving 31% YoY sales growth from sport organization subscriptions (SAAS) and payments
- Coaching an 8-person sales team and hiring another 6-10 in the first 18 months
- Developing an outbound sales function from the ground up
- Optimizing the existing inbound sales function for maximum productivity
- Engage in business development with top player in the industry, including national governing bodies, top-tier clubs and leagues, and well-known influencers
- Building positive relationships with product, design, analytics, customer success, and others to deliver sales goals
- Partner with finance to build revenue plans, own the sales budget, update weekly forecasts, and design and manage comp plans
- Serve as a role model of TeamSnap’s culture and mission, internally and externally
What'll set you up for success:
- 5+ years sales leadership experience with a history of recruiting, developing, and retaining a high-performing sales team
- A track record of exceeding sales goals and driving year over year growth in excess of 50%
- Experience building and championing an outbound sales culture and driving accountability for pipeline generation. At least some experience with inside sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You listen at least as well as you speak
- Experience building financial plans, analyzing data, and making fact-based business recommendations
- A passion for sports and the youth sports industry
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The annual compensation range for this role is $160,000 to $215,000, inclusive of base and bonuses or commissions. This range applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, boundless opportunities to grow, and the chance to make a lasting impact. Benefits include:
- We're not just remote, we're known for being remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
- Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
- 401K and more! [link to our total rewards deck]
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.