Title: Director of Sales - Promotional
Location: Boulder, CO
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
As a member of the PopSockets Sales team, the Director of Sales - Promotional will be responsible for the planning and execution of PopSockets expansion within the Promotional, Custom-for-Resale and Fundraising channels.
- Design and execute go to market strategy of PopSockets brand expansion within the Promotional, Custom-for-Resale and Fundraising channels.
- Devise outside-the-box sales programs disruptive to the promotional industry
- Modernize sales strategy to streamline order to shipment process
- Position PopSockets brand ecosystem as the premium vs. other standard branded products
- Achieve monthly and quarterly revenue and P+L commitments
- Ownership of the sales process from end to end (sell in, ship in, sell through)
- Channel specific account prospecting and product introductions
- Contract and terms negotiation
- Alignment and execution of department wide strategic initiatives
- Forecasting and inventory planning for all product needs
- 7+ years managerial experience within the promotional and/or custom for resale channel (or similar field)
- Ability to cultivate new buyer relationships
- Prior cold-calling and revenue cultivation experience
- Experience building a channel strategy tied to executing on top line and p+l goals
- Familiarity with order maintenance (ERP, CRM, etc)
- Possess problem solving, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter that shows ownership and commitment to the job
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information
- Roll up the sleeves, action-oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing growth environment
- Sense of humor, personal integrity, and appreciation for the power of teamwork
Salary: 120-130k depending on experience-- Plus Bonus
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.