Director, Sales Operations / Deal Desk at Apostrophe, Inc.
Who You Are
You are a skilled critical thinker and natural problem solver with a passion for utilizing data to solve problems and present ideas. You are motivated to understand customer and operational pain-points, work cross-functionally to identify actionable solutions, then drive those to reality with the Operations and Engineering teams. You are detail oriented, committed to the highest level of quality, eager to constantly evolve, and excited to fix healthcare in America through innovative technology.
What You’ll Do
(Can be remote)
The Director, Sales Operations supports functions essential to the revenue engine of Apostrophe. This individual manages support functions essential to new revenue and productivity. This includes development and ongoing reporting for sales & marketing, deal desk-process operation and optimization, cross functional planning and alignment, sales training and onboarding. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, the DSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure proper communication and alignment of objectives.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Apostrophe’s product offerings and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead and support the Sales & Marketing team.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales & marketing funnel, operational metrics, delivering reports/insights to the business.
- Be a strong voice in the sales/marketing strategic planning process.
- Aids in requirements gathering and supports implementation of enabling technologies (tech stack) to support the sales and marketing teams.
- Creates dashboards to track and report on relevant KPI’s and other sales/marketing intelligence.
- Represents the Sales & Marketing teams in cross-functional strategic discussions (Finance, Product, Customer Success & Operations).
- Create and monitor the sales organization’s compliance standards for CRM hygiene.
- Run the Deal Desk- Work closely with the sales team to support business development objectives, including the development of sales proposals and leading the team to timely completion of RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales leadership to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists leadership in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other intelligence essential to the sales and marketing teams. Recommends revisions to existing reports.
- Leads in the production of reports and business intelligence translated into monthly presentations to internal stakeholders and quarterly board & investor meetings.
- Serve as a liaison/partner between the Sales and other internal teams Coordinate training and on-boarding to sales and sales support team members.
- Partner with Marketing to optimize lead qualification process and transition from marketing to sales funnel.
- Continuously research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition and maintain market intelligence that helps drive critical business decisions.
- 7-10 years Sales Ops experience. Preference given to candidates who have health care experience working with self-funded plan sponsors, brokers and consultants.
- Must have expert-level Salesforce Admin skills (lightning) with an emphasis on all marketing automation platforms and a variety of SF integrations such as Pardot, SalesLoft, Dialpad, Vidyard, Zoom, MiEdge and other BI and vertical-specific tools.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power point (or google suite). Familiarity with marketing automation and supporting technologies is a major plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of high-level strategies and ability to translate them into system and process requirements.
- Strong partner management skills, with the ability to create trusting relationships with business partners.
- A willingness to take on tough projects and challenges, with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
Who We Are
We are a Techstars Boulder 2017 company and certified B Corporation. Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas, Royal Street Capital and Ulu Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners are helping us build a fast-growing, sustainable business based around our core values.
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company, but many of our clients are in the midwest and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and the public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Our home base is near Downtown Denver, with plenty of parking and transit options nearby.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.