We are looking for a Director of Sales Development to join our team in Amsterdam or Boulder.
What you will be doing
As a Director of Sales Development, you will be responsible for maximizing the current efforts of your team to optimize our lead to sales flow, qualify leads, prospect into new business, and generate a highly valuable pipeline for the sales organization. You will need to efficiently grow headcount and individual productivity, and collaborate with the CSO, Head of Marketing, other Directors of Sales Development, and other stakeholders to improve both our inbound lead flow and outbound sales approach and method. The Sales Development team is based in Boulder and Amsterdam.
- Lead and assist the Outbound Sales Development team in identifying prospective accounts, establishing consistent sales metrics and practices, optimizing outbound approach, and ultimately generating meetings and opportunities for the sales team.
- Collaborate heavily with Marketing to optimize our lead generation funnel, ensure the customer journey is positive, and relay feedback from the market to improve sales materials, messaging, landing pages and more.
- One of the primary stakeholders in Stream outbound sales systems and our usage of them, including Salesforce, Outreach.io, DiscoverOrg, Hubspot, and our general data pipeline. Work effectively with Sales Operations team. Constantly evaluate tool effectiveness and the potential for better tools.
- Work directly with the CSO to establish goals, hire and nurture leadership and individual leaders, and forecast requirements for the sales business.
- Monitor, forecast, and achieve meeting and pipeline targets for global sales development team.
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including Content Marketing, Developer Marketing, Customer Success, and product managers.
- Create growth paths for your team members, both within your department as well as growth to other departments.
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics.
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process.
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products.
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met.
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team.
- Analyze market trends and discover new opportunities for growth.
- 4+ years of technology outbound sales experience, including 2+ years managing a team at a SaaS company (if you haven't grown an outbound team at a SaaS company, unfortunately this isn't a fit)
- You have demonstrated success building a team, adding tons of pipeline and fueling explosive growth through outbound closed deals.
- You know the tools (Outreach/SalesLoft, DiscoverOrg/Zoominfo, Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Experience selling technology to technologists (Product, Engineering)
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A passion for sales and technology
- Experience with Sales Engagement platforms (Outreach, etc)
- Experience generating net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science
- The SaaS company you built your outbound team at was API driven
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision 100% covered by Stream for employee (and discounted for dependents)
- Weekly team lunches (Boulder)
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas (Boulder)
- Fitness stipend (Boulder and US remote)
- Pearl Street, Boulder office