Director of Sales Development
As the Director of Sales Development, you will be responsible for maximizing the current efforts of your team to optimize our lead to sales flow, qualify leads, prospect into new business, and generate highly valuable pipeline for the sales organization. You will need to efficiently grow headcount and individual productivity, and collaborate with the VP of Sales, VP of Demand Generation, and other stakeholders to improve both our inbound lead flow and outbound sales approach and method. The Sales Development team is based in Denver but has team members across London and Japan, and this individual would need to be able successfully adapt approaches for each market.What you’ll do:
- Lead and assist Inbound Sales Development team to maximize engagement and conversion of inbound lead flow to meetings and opportunities for the sales team.
- Lead and assist Outbound Sales Development team in identifying prospective accounts accounts, establishing consistent sales metrics and practices, optimizing outbound approach, and ultimately generating meetings and opportunities for the sales team.
- Collaborate heavily with marketing to optimize our lead generation funnel, ensure the customer journey is positive, and relay feedback from the market to improve sales materials, messaging, etc
- Primary stakeholder in CircleCI sales systems and our usage of them, including Salesforce, Outreach.io, LeanData, Looker, and our general data pipeline. Work effectively with Sales Operations team.
- Work directly with the VP of Sales to establish goals, hire and nurture leadership and individual leaders, and forecast requirements for the sales business
- Responsible for monitoring, forecasting, and achieving meeting and pipeline targets for global sales development team
- Work with regional account executive directors and managers to optimize territory assignment and maximize the impact of Account Executive and Sales Development collaboration.
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers and support engineers, customer success, and product managers
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- 4+ years of technology sales experience, including 2+ years managing a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience leveraging Salesforce as a manager
- Experience with Sales Engagement platforms (Outreach, etc)
- Experience generating and closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science preferred
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.