Director, Sales - Defense Contractors
Please review the job details below.
The Defense Contractor Sales Director for Defense & Intelligence (D&I) Programs is responsible for the promotion and sales of DigitalGlobe products and services, and other available geospatial solutions to Defense Contractors globally, with named accounts, and for developing sales strategies and plans for meeting assigned revenue targets through direct sales activities and partnering opportunities. The quota will start at $5M and grow from there annually.
The role will be based in Colorado or Washington DC, reporting to the Senior VP, D&I based in Colorado.
- Secure revenue from Defense Contractors through direct sales activities or partnering opportunities.
- Learn and remain educated on DigitalGlobe’s unique product and service offerings (such as SecureWatch and Precision Terrain) for Defense Contractor customers and markets.
- Qualify new Defense Contractor business opportunities globally and communicate progress regularly with Sales Management.
- Present product and company offerings to potential customers and partners.
- Learn customer decision, purchasing, and procurement processes to help develop winning strategies.
- Create professional business proposals in conjunction with Sales SVP, and Product and Business Development Teams.
- Create defined account plans annually to document sales strategies and support forecasted business.
- With support from DG sales executives, negotiate contracts. Close business.
- Proactively manage key named customer accounts with support from Account Service Managers in Colorado.
- Working with the D&I Business Development team to identify partnering strategies with Defense Contractors to address their offset obligations via DigitalGlobe products and services.
- Working with the D&I Business Development team identify strategies to partner with Defense Contractors to capture US security assistance funds.
- Ten years+ with a successful track record selling ideas, technology and solutions to middle and upper management.
- Defense Contractor experience.
- Demonstrated experience selling defense and intelligence solutions to the Defense Contractor community.
- Experience in the Defense & Intelligence industry with knowledge of global Defense Contractors.
- The ability to travel within the US and internationally.
- This role will require DigitalGlobe to hire a citizen or permanent resident in the US with extensive sales experience in this market.
- Extensive contacts within the domestic and international Defense Contractor community.
- Familiarity with geospatial or Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance solutions.
- US DoD security clearance is desired.
Initial Accounts & Responsibility
The focus for the Sales Director will be to grow new business initiatives around selling standard products and services available from multiple DG divisions initially that are key to meeting the 2018 and beyond revenue plan. Discussions with the VP, Commercial Sales may be required to ensure that clear lines of responsibility are established as the Commercial Team is transitioning this Line of Business over to D&I. The goal is to grow the business by having a dedicated D&I Sales Director and team focused on this key vertical market.
Cultural & Local Requirements
Continue to build relationships with Defense Contractors, and working with them to pursue joint opportunities in the areas of support to weapons system integration, visualization and simulation, and geospatial production.
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.