Summary/Objective: Account retention and growth via superior customer service is what you live and breathe. The Director of Account Management will carry out the vision of the company as it relates to all Account Management - owning customer onboarding, relationships, retention, and growth across all business verticals.
The Director of Account Management will be responsible for developing a team of top notch sellers, implementing a customer-centric sales process, managing and creating KPIs, and building a results-driven culture to achieve company overall revenue and margin goals.
- Sales Leadership
- Lead a department of account managers to ensure successful customer onboarding, growth, and retention.
- Establish annual, quarterly and monthly goals for the department and the individuals within the department
- Track department and individual KPIs to build a culture of accountability and exceed budget.
- Share department metrics and performance with Sales and the Leadership Teams.
- Act as a role model for the company while living the values every single day.
- People Development
- Establish effective training and coaching programs for both initial onboarding and continuing education.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and personal growth to team leads and the account management department.
- Sales Process Development & Strategic Planning
- Establish long-term and short-term strategies to ensure success of the company and sales revenue targets.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure client retention and growth including but not limited to Sales, Client Experience, and Marketing teams.
- Work with internal Sales Op leaders to develop process & tracking for customer touch model, pipeline management, and results
- Create and implement account health score to prioritize Account Manager touch model
- Develop new reporting tools as needed.
- Work with other leaders to build compensation plans that align with sales targets
- Responsible for creating and leading the execution of monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Sales Leadership: intimate knowledge of the B2B sales cycle and how to drive a team to exceed sales targets
- Self-starter: the ability to create strategies and exceed goals with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills: collaborating, negotiating, persuading, and listening at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable using data insight to grow relationships, identify and solve problems, building effective teams.
- Outstanding relationship building and consultative selling abilities with ability to sell ideas at the executive level.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, high-growth environment.
Required Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of success in a role requiring consistent account conversion, re-closing, and growth.
- 3+ years in a leadership role, ideally in a similar industry.
- BS/BA in Management or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrable track record of managing sales teams who consistently achieve revenue growth and goals.
- Salesforce knowledge in building out processes, reporting tools, dashboards, and account management.
- Knowledge in hiring, retaining, and mentoring both individual contributors and managers.
- Proven ability to create, set, and deliver department goals and the ability to drive accountability.
- Experience in delivering new processes and ideas to teams effectively and excelling in change management.
- 2-5 direct reports via Account Manager Team Leads with expected future expansion.
- Department of 15-20 Account Managers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.