Director, Project Development
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial, and experienced solar development professional to solve hard problems and push renewable energy forward. Our project development team is just getting off the ground and its goal is to acquire commercial customers for our national network of solar partners by leveraging Wunder’s industry-leading technology platform. Specifically, we’re focused on driving growth in the untapped sub-megawatt scale commercial market. (If you’re the type of candidate that we’re looking for, your ears just pricked up!) Tactically, we have a number of strategies that we’ll be testing in parallel as we seek to rapidly scale this segment and maximize the value we bring to our partners.
If you get excited about unlocking the small commercial market, establishing yourself as a founding member of our internal development team designed for hyper-growth, closing million-dollar deals every week, and building an organization aimed at saving the world, then this is the role for you.
- • Generate Leads primarily through account profiling, automated email drip campaigns, business networking, and other market penetration strategies.
- • Build and pitch project proposals and quotes.
- • Manage and lead development activities by working with internal teams and external consultants as needed. Areas may include - but are not limited to - finance, real estate, engineering and design, environment, offtake, and policy.
- • Prepare and submit permitting applications.
- • Negotiate terms and manage the contracting and documentation processes.
- • Work closely with solar partners to prioritize, coordinate, review, and track key development deliverables to achieve milestones on time and on budget.
- • Maintain and strengthen relationships with key solar partners.
- Solar Experience - You have 4+ years of solar project development experience, ideally in commercial, industrial, or residential markets. Alternatively, you’re very experienced in selling other large capex opportunities into Commercial/Industrial clients. You have a firm grasp on the development process, including the pitfalls to avoid and the ingredients required for success.
- Deal-Oriented - You have a successful track record of repeatedly prospecting, developing, negotiating, and closing complex sales transactions.
- Your Superpower is People - You’re a strategic listener, a conscious conversationalist, and skilled at negotiating with and influencing people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds.
- Numbers Oriented - You’re comfortable in a spreadsheet and you don’t bat an eye when talking about Credit, NPV, ROI, IRR, etc…
- Travel-Friendly - You have the ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel as needed (~20-50%).
- Autonomous - You’re self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done, and you love to get your hands dirty. You take a high-motor approach to execution and you aggressively work to reduce risk and get ahead of problems before they impact project timelines.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of finance, engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- • One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- • A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- • Flexible work schedule
- • Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- • Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- • Equity and unlimited PTO