Director, Key Accounts at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
The Director, Key Accounts is responsible for working with Key Account (KA) customers in alignment with Global Beverage strategy to deliver on customer needs and expectations, drive account revenue and drive profitability. The Director, Key Accounts will manage across teams and coordinate resources to ensure KA needs are met through internal functions such as Marketing, CTS, Integrated Business Planning and Quality.
What will you be responsible for?
- Develops a deep understanding of the KA customers' business, markets, needs and expectations and Ball's competitive position. Sets commercial strategy for KA in line with global and regional strategy, including identifying and presenting opportunities for value growth (new business) & initiatives (current business).
- Drives strategic planning process by gathering market data and information on volumes and substrate mix, developing major forecasts and strategic plan assumptions (approach, vol., pricing) and preparing, reviewing, and presenting commercial slides. Communicates variances to plan (assumptions, pricing, and volumes) and shifts in strategy appropriately throughout the organization.
- Manages customer contract negotiations by initiating bid process, determining approach and aligning with the global customer strategy. Leads approach for playbook process & overall contract value alignment, approval and negotiation grid (price, VAS, terms, volumes, mix, supply chain, etc). In collaboration with the KA teams and region, determines opportunities and volumes to bid.
- Prepares proposal, manages internal approval process, including the commercial committee meetings. Negotiates with customer together with the Global Key Account Lead, within guidance of the commercial committee. Prepares and finalizes contract.
- Manages customer communications through customer contacts with Country Organizations. Builds/manages regional and local customer relationships and meetings. Addresses issues that are elevated to commercial disputes. Negotiates settlement of claims (quality, obsolete inventory).
- Works effectively in a matrixed organization and ensures collaboration between regional and Global resources to meet the needs of the KA.
- Collaborates with Global Innovation and regional marketing teams on innovation process for KA customers including developing strategy, interfacing with customers and working with internal stakeholders on customer needs and communications. Works internally to assure that the can remains the package of choice for customers.
- Develops depth of knowledge of KAs through relationship and analytics to create marketing items and presentation materials.
- To maximize value at customer and drive initiatives, leads and leverages cross-functional teams as appropriate by setting expectations, following up, providing feedback and working toward removing barriers.
- Lead projects for different customers and initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: sales and marketing principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, production practices, legal practices, business principles and practices, and the international market
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations
- 50% of travel
- Work in a global team
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $113,200 - $176,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans