Director, Global Sales Operations at Markit Digital
- Coordinate the monthly forecasting process. Execute a process that encourages "stretch" but nonetheless accurate forecasting
- Review financial reports and produce analysis on sales and revenue performance, providing assessments and recommendations to sales management accordingly.
- In partnership with sales leadership, create strategic vision, KPIs, and strategy across CRM and other sales tools.
- Drive data hygiene and accuracy across sales platforms
- Find opportunities to improve sales team eﬃciencies and lead efforts to scale standard methodologies
- Review the sales pipeline and sales activities to determine problem and opportunity areas. Present performance against goal and ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Manage account setting and quota adjustment process.
- Share pipeline reports, performance against goals and application of the sales process with account teams and respective management. include
- Propose and coordinate on recognition programs as part of our initiative to build a strong performance culture, if applicable.
- Manage the incentive process for Sales. Ensure team members fully understand the mechanics of their incentive plans. Check and authorize all incentive files provided by Finance (closed won business versus targets, etc.) plus any adjustments to be made in monthly payroll files. Thus review all credits, sales and cancellations and territory assignments to ensure correct performance. Proactively manage discrepancies by talking directly to affected people to explain detail calculations.
- Undertake and participate in ad hoc projects as instructed and mandated by senior management.
- Coordinate and manage aspects of the new starter induction process, including creating a program to train on forecasting process, sales cycles, etc.
- Provide advice (pricing, proposals, contracting options), and participate in discussions concerning complicated and large (including all global) deals. Ensure their smooth administration. This includes ensuring correct and timely account creation and billing, liaising globally to ensure adherence and consistency of allocation rules and investigating credit scenarios, working with Account Managers/Sales Specialists to rectify issues and correct errors.
- Create programs or processes to ensure adoption and hygiene maintenance of CRM
- Collaborate with our Data team to develop reporting tools and analytics that can be used across the sales organization to manage business and inform strategy
- Assess sales technologies to determine new opportunities for improvement or identify tools that should be discontinued ensuring an eﬃcient and effective tech stack
- Own sales performance analysis, including pipeline analytics, individual and team seller productivity, and identiﬁcation of performance improvement opportunities from analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- You have 6+ years of experience in sales operations in a B2B environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with key technologies (TBD)
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Finance/Accounting essential.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment. Proactive, with a "can do" attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
- People management and hiring experience preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $120,302. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.