The Director of Channel Account Management is responsible for cultivating and driving channel accounts within the GHX payments business line. The role involves relationship development with national and regional level banking partners, tactical execution of operational plans and sales opportunity development to maximize the value of the channel.
The Director owns the day-to-day relationship and participates in strategic planning and roadmap activities. They will partner cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product management, customer operations and other infrastructure stakeholders to bring alignment of commercial and technology functions for full realization of the channel opportunity.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively leads joint partner planning to develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and key milestones and metrics associated with the partner relationship.
- Conduct regular assessments of channel activity within sales, implementation and existing accounts to drive growth within specific channels.
- Serve as a sales specialist on the payment solutions platform to support banking partner sales engagements.
- Act as a liaison between GHX resources and teams and bank partner teams for implementation and product development efforts.
- Work with Product leadership to define channel growth strategies and execution plans.
- Understand competitive solutions inside and outside of existing channel partners and how that impacts GHX strategy.
- Assess channel activity on a regular basis and lead the development of organizational structures to support the business needs.
- Understand business drivers within the channel and drive GHX to support them in the most effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or combination of education and related experience.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in partner relationship development and management.
- 5+ years of commercial experience, preferably with background in e-commerce (B2B, B2C) and/or finance.
- Ability to clearly communicate and work in team environments.
- Demonstrated lateral leadership experience.
- Process optimization experience.
- Competency at developing strategies and execution plans for new businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional project teams.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Strong executive presence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and processes to achieve commitments/results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (oral and written communication).
- 50% in front of customers, 50% internal.
- Willingness to travel up to 45% of the time.
Estimated Salary range for this position: $90,825 - $125,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.